This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talking to a surgeon on April 1

I talked to the surgeon's assistant yesterday to see if I was a surgical candidate, which I am. So, on April 1 I talk to the surgeon that would be doing the surgery.

Apparently, a couple of the discs in my back are compacted against the nerves to my legs causing the constant pain, so they would need to cut down the discs and release the nerves, so they can heal.

I am a bit scared, first of dying on the table and the second being paralyzed from the waist down, but the thought of not being in constant pain is starting to over come the fear of the bad things that could happen.

So, I will go through with it and maybe not have to be on pain medications just to make it through the day.

Wish me luck and/or pray for me. I can use all the good will I can get right now.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

*hugs and prayers*

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

You are in my prayers!

Comment

Sending hugs & prayers. Here's to a successful surgery & speedy recovery!

That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Good luck, and you'll be in my thoughts!
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Good luck. and speedy recovery. My fiance had his spine fused a year ago. It sucks but is worth it.
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Best of luck! My boyfriend had his spine fused as well and he's doing very well. There may or may not be some small scares though. When he woke up, he couldn't move his legs that day. They freaked out, but then the next day they were fine. I'm assuming his body was just adjusting to it. Don't take this too seriously though! I want you to be glad for your decision, damn it.
              My only regret is that I don't have a better word for "F@#k You".

Comment

Good luck. A back can hurt so bad. I'm sure it's worth the (little) risk.

Comment

*prayers and hugs*
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

*Prayers and hugs*

April 1? Umm, might want to take what's been told to you with a grain of salt. No offense and it's probably nothing, but I can think of better days.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Prayers and positive thoughts!
                      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Sending positive thoughts...

Mike
                        Meow.........

Comment

Sending good thoughts.
                          I hope it all goes well.
                          Back pain is not fun, I know.

I was fortunate that I had another option than surgery, even though it was suggested at first.
                          I opted for physio rather than surgery because, even though I have deteriorating discs, the pain is supposedly muscular, and is not coming from the discs.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, Mis. We're sending many hugs and prayers your way.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Thank you all for the good thoughts, prayers and hugs. You are all very sweet.

My little guy tells me I always need a hug, so he would be amused by it all.

I also found it funny in a weird sort of way that I'm talking to the surgeon on April. 1.

I'm still a bit scared but being able to live my life without constant pain is something I have been wishing for for awhile now.
                              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                              X