This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth firecat88 View Post
    Kodansha has officially declared they'll be re-releasing the manga in the US this year
    *does her happy dance*
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

and they are finally releaseing sailor v in english ^_^ im torn on a redub... i like the origanal american one but a newer better one would be awesome.

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post

Speaking of FUNimation, though, they are apparently trying to score the rights to re-dub the series now that Toei put the dubbing rights back up on the market. I hope Viz Media, which is also trying to get it, gets it, though. I find them to be one of the better dub companies.

Speaking, also, of Sailor Moon, though- Kodansha has officially declared they'll be re-releasing the manga in the US this year
        For those wanting a comparison check of EVERY SINGLE EPISODE in the entire series, see my first post which has the link to a website I visit on a regular basis. THe website is www.smuncensored.com and it is VERY much safe for work. They haven't done all of the R series yet, but they've done the other three, showing all the cuts, alterations etc.

I hope that they bring the manga over here as well. As far as the re-dub goes, I reckon that Tracey Moore was an EXCELLENT voice actress for Sailor Moon/Serena. I reckon the names should be kept as well, as I can see parents choosing to name their kids after a rabbit if they use the Japanese names. (usagi means rabbit).

For those who are unfamiliar, here are the names from Japanese to English-they all kept their last names.

Usagi-Serena.
        Ami-Amy.
        Rei-Raye.
        Makoto-Lita.
        Minako-Mina.
        Chibiusa-Rini.
        Mamoru-Darien (they changed his last name to Shields)
        Setsuna-Trista (Sailor Pluto)
        Haruka-Amara (Sailor Uranus)
        Michiru-Michelle (Sailor Neptune)
        Hotaru kept her name.

Some of the names I can see being kept. Setsuna's name is the only one I'd like to see changed as Trista seems to imply a 40-year-old woman and Setsuna looks to be more mid-20's. I just hope and pray that they won't change the genders or hide the Amara/Michelle relationship if they do that. Hell, just make them "really close friends" if you have to, you're not required to use the word "lesbian".

The gender thing annoyed the heck out of me with some of the characters. Zirconia in particular (The head of the Dead Moon Circus). Why? Because Zirconia was meant to be the OLDER version of Queen Nehellenia, so making her a dude did not help anything.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Regardless of which dub company gets the job, I doubt that they will change the names of the characters. Americanizing anime is no longer the cool thing to do and, in fact, gets companies hated and despised by fans of the original. It's only 4Kids (who, last I heard, were getting ready to go bye-bye), who does that anymore. To which I say the following- Thank. God. Having recently attempted to re-watch an ep of the old SM dub, I 'bout puked/cried over how shitty it was compared to the beauty of the original.

That's why I hope Viz Media gets it. Not only are they anal about keeping their translations as close to the original as possible, but they actually know how to pronounce things (examples of their dub work that I will point to are Bleach, Kekkaishi, Vampire Knight, and Naruto Shippuden (which, though I'm not crazy about, the dub is leaps and bounds ahead of the SM dub)). FUNimation is good too, though they have this horrible problem of recycling the same voice actors over and over again.
          Last edited by firecat88; 03-22-2011, 05:27 PM.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

Usagi-Serena.
            Ami-Amy.
            Rei-Raye.
            Makoto-Lita.
            Minako-Mina.
            Chibiusa-Rini.
            Mamoru-Darien (they changed his last name to Shields)
            Setsuna-Trista (Sailor Pluto)
            Haruka-Amara (Sailor Uranus)
            Michiru-Michelle (Sailor Neptune)

Hotaru kept her name.

Some of the names I can see being kept. Setsuna's name is the only one I'd like to see changed as Trista seems to imply a 40-year-old woman and Setsuna looks to be more mid-20's. I just hope and pray that they won't change the genders or hide the Amara/Michelle relationship if they do that. Hell, just make them "really close friends" if you have to, you're not required to use the word "lesbian".

The gender thing annoyed the heck out of me with some of the characters. Zirconia in particular (The head of the Dead Moon Circus). Why? Because Zirconia was meant to be the OLDER version of Queen Nehellenia, so making her a dude did not help anything.
            1 didn't they changed neptune uranus and plutos last names to their japanese names? i swear i remember them being Amara Haruka and so on......
            2 I always thought Setsuna was 30/about to 30 person.... mostly cause of the job she had....
            3 dont forget Ziosite from the first season. He is a He in Japan and a She in a America because he was Kunzite's little lover and they where like always snuggling (or what ever the evil equivalent of snuggling is)

oh and firecat doesn't Viz do any good anime??? i cant stand any of those.

Comment

Working...
            X