• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. Just what I hoped to hear .

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
      Yay Kara!

And why they haven't just ended it? Prolly because the attorneys want to make sure they get their monies worth. Be my guess anyway.

But yay for idiocy on the other side!
      No, it needs to be ended properly, with Kara's ex shown up as a liar in court and Kara being properly vindicated, so that she can get back to having a proper life and access to her kids.

The HR woman sounds utterly wonderful. I bet its nice to have people on your side for once.
      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
      - Dave Barry

Comment

Finally! With the amount of setbacks you've had, it's about time karma started bringing around the good stuff!

Comment

I'm glad you finally have some good news.

Comment

I'll keep you and Derp (long story) in my prayers until everything blows over.
            "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
              No, it needs to be ended properly, with Kara's ex shown up as a liar in court and Kara being properly vindicated, so that she can get back to having a proper life and access to her kids.
              Kara can be vindicated and given access to her kids without her ex being "shown up as a liar in court." Frankly, I think that the sooner this ends, the better, as long as it ends justly for Kara. And to be perfectly frank, if her ex is thusly embarrassed in court, don't you think that might make her that much bitchier and more vindictive in the divorce?

Something to think about.

Personally, I think it would be enough for Kara to be exonerated of all charges and have her name cleared, so she can move on with the next step(s) in her life, which sadly seem to include the aforementioned divorce proceedings.

Keep in mind, these words are coming from a self-admitted "vindictive bastard" that believes strongly in revenge. But even I know that sometimes vindictiveness and revenge can be counterproductive. And in such situations, sometimes it's best to achieve the main goal and then walk away, without "running up the score" so to speak. I believe this is precisely that kind of a situation
              Last edited by Jester; 03-09-2011, 03:56 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                But even I know that sometimes vindictiveness and revenge can be counterproductive. And in such situations, sometimes it's best to achieve the main goal and then walk away, without "running up the score" so to speak. I believe this is precisely that kind of a situation
                Very true, Especially considering that the train wreck that is coming to Kara's ex is entirely her own fault, and needs no help from Kara. Taking the high road is really the best course of action.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I wish you the best of luck with this crap.

On a side note, I always love reading your posts, my brother worked at a prison a few years back and ran into some of the same stuff.

Keep your spirits high!
                  ~LSTYD~
                  Quote: Dalesys:
                  you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

Kara, any updates? How are you doing?

PS - Twinblade, your avatar is officially the most disturbing I've ever seen!
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post

PS - Twinblade, your avatar is officially the most disturbing I've ever seen!
                      This I have to agree with
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Thank you both for that. I searched for a couple hours to find one disturbing enough for me. Glad it was time well spent.
                        ~LSTYD~
                        Quote: Dalesys:
                        you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

Working...
                        X