This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesse Custer's "Voice." (Preacher)

If he tells you to do something, you will do it. He made a guy count every grain of sand on a beach. He made a guy try to eat a pistol.

Example:
    Guy With Gun: Say another word and I'll blow your fucking head off!
    Jesse: Miss.

The gun eating came later.

I'm pretty sure he's told people to "go fuck themselves." I don't recall, exactly, but this comic was written by Garth Ennis, so I can't imagine that he didn't.

Either that, or Spider Jerusalem's (Transmetropolitan) bowel disruptor. But that's not a superpower, it's just a weapon.
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-20-2011, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      I'm pretty sure he's told people to "go fuck themselves." I don't recall, exactly, but this comic was written by Garth Ennis, so I can't imagine that he didn't.
      I've not read it, but I've been told at one point he tells someone to go fuck themselves, and the next panel is a mangled corpse on a gurney, or some such thing.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

For my mom who worked in retail for 25 years...
        The ability to make difficult customers disappear

For me...
        Regarding whiny customers...the ability to make them shut up & stop whining for a very long time
        Regarding customers complaining about the price or for customers wanting free parking when told no, there is no free parking...the ability to make their car disappear & park somewhere else far far away
        Regarding customers who will not take no for an answer...they get hit in the head with an invisible clue by four courtesy of me
        Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-21-2011, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Mr. Spocks Vulcan neck pinch that makes them pass out. Does that count?...lol.

Comment

Hey, it's an unusual power that you can use against SC's. I've consulted with the judges, and they've decided that it counts.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I want the ability to make nasty phone customers disappear....

and reappear somewhere deep in Afghanistan. Or the Gobi Desert. Or the bottom of the ocean.

Or the back side of the moon.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Remote teleportation. I was wondering if someone might think of that....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

If he tells you to do something, you will do it. He made a guy count every grain of sand on a beach. He made a guy try to eat a pistol.

Example:
                  Guy With Gun: Say another word and I'll blow your fucking head off!
                  Jesse: Miss.

The gun eating came later.

Either that, or Spider Jerusalem's (Transmetropolitan) bowel disruptor. But that's not a superpower, it's just a weapon.
                  I am going to have go with RecoveringKinkoid idea since the thought of being able to do that makes me giddy and as Mr. Mis can attest to me being giddy is never a good sign.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

He did. In order to comply, I believe that the guy had to self-castrate...

It's not just a weapon, it's an AWESOME weapon.

My first choice would be some sort of mind control... just so that I could make the person who was NEXT in line say what I want to.

The look on an SC's face would be priceless when I "get" a 90 year old grandmother to call him an arrogant fuck-tard.
                    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Confusion is out, they already are confused.
                      Mind Blank is out, can't blank what is not there..guess mind control would be the same.
                      Teleport would be fun..but only if I could teleport myself also.
                      I think time manipulation would be my favorite. Ie stop, reverse, slow time. Just reverse time until they are out of your way then stick em in a time loop.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

A Red Lantern Ring.

Its like the Green Lantern's powers, but it only works if you're angry.

So, people are perfectly safe unless they piss me off. :3

Also, I'd only restrain them. The SCs I have to deal with are minors. Yaaaay teaching D&D.
                        Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                          He did. In order to comply, I believe that the guy had to self-castrate...
                          He did. I looked it up after posting in this thread. He did it to Arseface's father Sheriff Root. I don't know how I could have forgotten THAT.

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                          It's not just a weapon, it's an AWESOME weapon.

Indeed it is. Any weapon that actually has a "prolapse" setting is a weapon I want.

Okay, my favorite group of superheros is "Section Eight." So either the power to blow enough phlegm to incapacitate someone with one mighty snort, or...hell...I'd settle for being The Defenestrator. He carried around his own windows to smash over people's heads.

Bueno.....
                          Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 03-21-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

hmmmm...after some thought
                            its a tough choice between being able to cause spontaneous spicy eyes* or other spicy senses in which your tongue, eyes, ears, nose or fingertips are suddenly burning. Example the SC begins a rant and suddenly their tongue goes off like they just downed a bottle of habenro peppers or five alarm hot sauce

OR
                            being able to control their limbs like a marionette. They would have perfect mind function but its would be awesome to see the SC freak out as they suddenly lost control of their limbs. Many scenarios pop up with this one.
                            (suddenly stripping self to undies, stop hitting yourself stop hitting yourself! or very embarrassing dance version of twister)
                            only difference is that no one but you would be able to see the strings and its part of a telekinetic or psychic power similar to professor X or jean grey, only MUCH more amusing

* spicy eyes is a Bolt movie reference. Spoiler alert, after leaving the animal shelter and the chaos behind it Ester comes out to see the other two boys and pepper sprays them and one guy screams aaaah spicy eyes!

Comment

Instant Contrition. Customer suddenly sees the light, apologizes profusely for being an asshole, and is a perfect angel to all CSRs from that point onward.

Comment

Bueno.....
                                Bueno excellenté...

(Fun fact: Green Lantern Kyle Raynor once fell asleep at Noonan's bar... and the only thing he can remember is someone saying "Bueno...")

I've always liked Dogwelder.
                                Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 03-21-2011, 08:10 PM.
                                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                                X