Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Bugs and questions, and also site suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth PrplPplEater View Post
... I'm trying to work through them as rapidly as I can
Life's not worth living unless you are up to your ass in alligators... Occasionally!

Old 03-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Hah! Well put

Old 03-21-2016, 11:52 PM
Bookkeeper

I had an odd hiccup with attempting to get new posts, with getting 404s. Eventually did get in, by going to the main "www.customerssuck.com" and following links.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 03-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Area Manager

Am I the only person having speed issues? Every page is taking forever to load. I've tried multiple devices on multiple connections; my tablet at home and at my mum's house (Android tablet using Chrome), my home PC and my PC at work (both run Windows 7, tried both on IE and tried on Chrome on my work PC), and they've all got a near dial-up lag going on. I'm getting a little fed up with that flipping circle...

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 03-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Just some guy

The site used to be hosted in the UK or Ireland, and it's now in the US, so us in the U of K will notice a slight difference. I have noted slight latency, but not sufficient to account for what you describe.

Is this all the time?

Rapscallion

Old 03-22-2016, 06:25 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Rapscallion View Post
The site used to be hosted in the UK or Ireland, and it's now in the US, so us in the U of K will notice a slight difference. I have noted slight latency, but not sufficient to account for what you describe.

Is this all the time?

Rapscallion
It's eased off a bit since yesterday, and I noticed there was less lag when I used Chrome so I've started using that for CS instead. So far it's back to reasonable load times, thanks.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:44 AM
I need a life

Also having things load VERY slowly, and I'm in North America. At one point, I got a popup dialogue box saying that a script had stopped responding, and did I want to continue or stop the script.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:57 AM
■ˇrr mjǫlnir

I'll have no problems on my desktop (Chrome) or my iPad (Safari) but then the next day I'll get a 503 error on both. I have to re-type in the URL to be able to get into the site.

I am still logged in, though so the cookies are good (and tasty).

/flushDNS was done, too.

Old 03-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth wolfie View Post
Also having things load VERY slowly, and I'm in North America. At one point, I got a popup dialogue box saying that a script had stopped responding, and did I want to continue or stop the script.

Is this constantly, or intermittently?
I have - on somewhat rare occassion - seen this with the javascript for the Ads, but it isn't something I've seen regularly.

Are you connecting to www.cs.com, or cs.com?

Old 03-24-2016, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth draggar View Post
I'll have no problems on my desktop (Chrome) or my iPad (Safari) but then the next day I'll get a 503 error on both. I have to re-type in the URL to be able to get into the site.

I am still logged in, though so the cookies are good (and tasty).

/flushDNS was done, too.
I find this somewhat strange and disturbing, but at the same time I'm not entirely sure what to think.

It is totally like a local cached DNS issue where it keeps reverting to the old IP (that 503 page sounds like the Maintenace Mode page that Pederson put up on the old server before we moved). That thought is actually reinforced by the fact that if you re-type the URL it works - that pretty much says that when it checks for a new copy of the page, it is finding it. Why it reverts to the old stuff, however, is confusing and odd.

Clearing Chrome's browser cache of Browsing History, Cached Images and Files, and Hosted App Data should help. I'm not sure what the analog is under Safari, but the items should be named something similarish.