Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Bugs and questions, and also site suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 02:19 AM
Escapee

Well, I haven't restarted my laptop but today the smilies started working again for no reason. So, yay?

Old 11-17-2016, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
Well, I haven't restarted my laptop but today the smilies started working again for no reason. So, yay?
Yay! ...because I had no idea what might have been causing that.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Maybe just re-write the front page entirely (if possible) or just use a different plug-in for it, if the board supports it?

A re-write is probably the only decent option aside from just having the default URL auto-redirect straight to the forums.

The front page is WordPress and the plugin for WP that does that aggregating is unsupported in its current version, and the current version is just kinda broken.... so, writing my own replacement for the WP front-end or just making it come straight to the forums. One is quick and immediate, the other will take some time for me to implement..... I'm now thinking that perhaps both - just change it now so that it redirects here until I can do the re-write.

Old 11-17-2016, 12:30 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Makes sense to me -- People seem to mostly come here for the forum, anyway

We already have an in-board link on the main page that redirects to the comic archive anyway (the other reason), for those who wish to see it.

edit : Errrr, check that. The archive is there, but the actual comics are not. O_O

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 11-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
edit : Errrr, check that. The archive is there, but the actual comics are not. O_O
Can you shoot me the link (save me the hunting), please?
I'll see if I can correct whatever the issue is.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:02 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

Sure

It's "Strip" in the "The Heart of the Site" section -- it leads here when clicked: http://www.customerssuck.com/?cat=18

When I click a link there, it takes me to a page like the one in the attached image.

Oddly, my browser managed to dredge up a functional direct link to an old comic (a link to the image itself). Soooo...they're still on the server. It was just in a different URL format from the links on the above page: http://www.customerssuck.com/comics/2007-11-25.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cs comic broken.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	4579  

"Sexual intellectuals. They're f@%#ing know-it-alls" - Chuck Yeager
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself … has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival.” ~ C. S. Lewis

Last edited by EricKei; 11-22-2016 at 03:04 AM.
Closed Thread