This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day, in a nutshell

10:00 am--Begin loading our empty trailer with empty repack totes, clothes hangers for recycling, defective merchandise, and a couple boxes for a transfer, because we were told the trailer could be loaded up to go back to the DC.

10:15 am--Finish loading trailer.

10:17 am--Get an outside call from the DC. "We need your trailer to be completely empty. Oh, and fuck you."

Okay, I made up the last part there.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

did you escape the nutshell?
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

No, this is me in a nutshell: "Help, I'm in a nutshell! How did I get into this nutshell? Look at the size of this bloody great thing naturally What sort of shell has a nut like this I mean this is crazy"

Points for reference. (You have to name the movie as well as the character )
      Last edited by fireheart; 09-22-2012, 02:35 AM.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery. The actor is Mike Myers. :P

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          because we were told the trailer could be loaded up to go back to the DC.

"We need your trailer to be completely empty. Oh, and fuck you."
          Okay, I made up the last part there.
          No. They "said" it. Just not out loud.

What is wrong with DCs? I honestly think that the one that supplies my wife's store is completely staffed by monkeys. I won't go off thread by talking about the truck loading itself, but the logistics decisions are as arbitrary as possible.

Comment

Other than the case of 'we need that trailer back right this minute, loaded or nor', why the heck would they want a trailer back empty? If stuff has tongo back to the DC, wouldn't it make more sense to get it on the next available trailer?
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
              Other than the case of 'we need that trailer back right this minute, loaded or nor', why the heck would they want a trailer back empty? If stuff has tongo back to the DC, wouldn't it make more sense to get it on the next available trailer?
              They use the trailers to pick up merchandise from area suppliers. We are close to a mattress factory and a birdseed factory that we get merchandise from.

Depending on how much stuff they're picking up, we may only be able to load the trailer so much, or not at all.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                Austin Powers - International Man of Mystery. The actor is Mike Myers. :P

B
                Character, not actor. But you get cookies anyway!

*hands over some delicious cookie man cookies*

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                  No, this is me in a nutshell: "Help, I'm in a nutshell! How did I get into this nutshell? Look at the size of this bloody great thing naturally What sort of shell has a nut like this I mean this is crazy"
                  I loved that scene! Austin doing the funny show for Vanessa, that was just too cute.

Back OT, What was the point of having you load up the trailer, then unload it? Did they not look at their orders? (Probably not, as it would require them to pull their heads out of their hindquarters...)
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I loved that scene! Austin doing the funny show for Vanessa, that was just too cute.
                    I can go one better.

RUNNNNN ITS GODZILLA!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      They use the trailers to pick up merchandise from area suppliers. We are close to a mattress factory and a birdseed factory that we get merchandise from.

Depending on how much stuff they're picking up, we may only be able to load the trailer so much, or not at all.
                      I'm shocked. Other than the fact that they can't be arsed to properly inform you of what's to be done, it's remarkably smart to use a trailer that's in the area anyway for pick-ups.

Annnnndddd...completely off topic-I'm now sitting here laughing because I'm typing this on my tablet, and I happen to have headphones on, and this is the first time I've realised that it's typing noises are from an old manual typewriter. Down to the different sounds for backspace, space bar, and return key.
                      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
                      X