This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't read? / no se puede leer?

So Hubby and I are staying in hotels while we look for an apartment (got an application in...crossed fingers). He has PTSD and banging on the door is a trigger. I've put a sign on the door, in both English and Spanish, explaining this and asking the housekeepers not to knock (where I live, many people in cleaning roles and other "back of house" positions speak Spanish as their first language, with varying degrees of fluency in English).

They bang on the door anyway. So even if people are asked not to do something in TWO languages, they ignore the sign. Geesh. Good thing Hubby has his valium.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

I'd be complaining to management. If you've put up a sign asking them not to knock, they should respect it.

Comment

Sounds like this one recruiter I've been working with. Asked me when we first met if I prefer to be contacted by email or phone. Said email since I can respond faster. Guy still decides to phone me anyway and keeps doing so even after repeat reminders that email was my preference.

Comment

WS - Maybe put the DoNotDisturb sign up AND have a word with management (the Housekeeping manager if possible), explaining why knocking is an issue?

Lime - My guess is, the recruiter is one of those "Everyone has to do stuff my way, adapt or you're not worth my time" nitpickers.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If you could just get the Twilight Zone Rabbit to extrude out of the keycard slot...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It happened AGAIN! This time it was the night auditor. The guest below us apparently decided to whine about noise and the night auditor decided to ignore the sign and pound on the door, giving my hubby a panic attack.

The guest below said we were banging around at 9:30pm, when my husband had gone to the lobby for some tea. My husband is in a wheelchair and the hotel decided push buttons weren't needed on the guest room doors...so we can't really do anything about the banging that happens when he is trying to force his way through a door that's trying to close on him, or the fact that the door falls closed once he does manage to get into the room (the doors have this spring mechanism thing).

One good thing was the night auditor took one look at my husband's chair and his eyes got big. This brand of hotel has been sued for ADA noncompliance and you could tell he REALLY didn't want to tick us off. I talked to the front desk person later, and once said front desk person knew I was an employee, he covertly told me the guy downstairs is a jerk who complains about something every time he's there.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Lime - My guess is, the recruiter is one of those "Everyone has to do stuff my way, adapt or you're not worth my time" nitpickers.
              Then one wonders why he asked the question in the first place.
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

No idea. Maybe he's just been trained to ask, even though he has no intention of accommodating the wishes of the person he's asking.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X