X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Help! I'm being neglected!"

Let's get right to it then,

It's a normal day and I'm walking to clock-in in the back room and right as I hit the Electronics/Photo-lab area an older Gentleman appears! (Know that I am carrying my vest and such, so I can't help him, I think he understood that much...)

OG: "Does anyone work on this side of the store!?" -not yelling just louder than normal.
    Me: "Oh, yes, they're probably ov..." *cut off*
    OG: "There's no one over here, no one over there!" (gestures from photo to elect)
    Me: "They are possibly in th..." *cut off*
    OG: "I'm about to yell for help!"
    Me: (seriously wondering if the guy is nuts)
    OG: (Cups his hands around his mouth and, at the top of his lungs, yells->) "HEEEEEEELLLLLP!!!" (Looks back at me) "See? No-one!".
    Me: "I'll get them for you!" (fast walk to electric counter, empty, already saw photo. Then I see E, over the lab and elec, working on fabric for some lady.)
    Me: "Hey man, a ....uh...customer really needs you over in Photo-lab."

Luckily, a manager walked by and she took over for E, E then helped customer who rather tartly pointed at the time card and said, "It says your open from (blank)-to-(blank). blah blah blah.
    E cuts him off, "Sir, you need to calm down if you want service, my kids don't talk to me that way and neither will you." (#win).

OG settled down, got his pictures, and walked away.

If I see him again should I yell help too?

"Help, Help! I'm being neglected!"

AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Many kudos to E for that response!
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Well then how about a bell do u want a bell to ring so that they know u are there im sure she knew u were there the whole time but couldn't leave the person she was already helping.

Comment

Bonus points if they're pitching a fit about not being helped while sitting in a spot where nobody on staff could reasonably expect to see them. Which has happened to me.
          Last edited by Mike Taylor; 04-17-2017, 03:42 AM. Reason: Added link.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Eddyisme View Post
            "Sir, you need to calm down if you want service, my kids don't talk to me that way and neither will you." (#win).
            I need to remember that one. My last job had plenty of people that acted like OG complete with dramatic yelling; here, not so much but I can see with some of them it's just a matter of time.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
              Bonus points if they're pitching a fit about not being helped while sitting in a spot where nobody on staff could reasonably expect to see them. Which has happened to me.
              I have quite bluntly told someone, "If you can't see us, we can't see you. The queue for assistance is right over here"

Wasn't happy

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                "Help, Help! I'm being neglected!"

"Bloody peasants."
                Last edited by EricKei; 04-23-2017, 02:06 AM. Reason: trim

Comment

Back when we had to get film developed, I went to pick up developed pictures at KMart. I waited 3 or 4 minutes, right by the pick up spot. I then used the phone on the counter to call the main customer service and ask for help. Waited longer, got frustrated, used the phone to call again. Finally, the worker showed up and reprimanded me for using the phone because she had work to do. I told her I shouldn't have to wait that long. I guess I should have stood there and screamed for help.

Comment

I knew customers at my old job who, if they wanted help at the meat case that I could not provide, would call the meat/deli on their cellphone while they were in the aisle. If someone picked up after hearing the overhead phone page, they'd say "Yes, I'm waiting by the meat case and need your help" This drove P batshit if he happened to be laughing it up behind the counter (oh noes he actually has to help a customer and can see they see him), but I can't blame them, some shifts it was nearly impossible to find anyone in the departments.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                      I knew customers at my old job who, if they wanted help at the meat case that I could not provide, would call the meat/deli on their cellphone while they were in the aisle. If someone picked up after hearing the overhead phone page, they'd say "Yes, I'm waiting by the meat case and need your help" This drove P batshit if he happened to be laughing it up behind the counter (oh noes he actually has to help a customer and can see they see him), but I can't blame them, some shifts it was nearly impossible to find anyone in the departments.
                      I did similar at Target once. I needed an item in the dairy aisle (yogurt, as I recall), but it was on the top shelf, pushed back and I am short. I tried to get the attention of the people I could see behind the milk, but they didn't respond. I used their red phone, and no one came to help. I used their red phone again, and no one came to help. Finally, I pulled out my cell phone and got the manager - someone came to help me.

Comment

Quoth Shyla View Post
                        Back when we had to get film developed, I went to pick up developed pictures at KMart. I waited 3 or 4 minutes, right by the pick up spot. I then used the phone on the counter to call the main customer service and ask for help. Waited longer, got frustrated, used the phone to call again. Finally, the worker showed up and reprimanded me for using the phone because she had work to do. I told her I shouldn't have to wait that long. I guess I should have stood there and screamed for help.
                        I'm a bit confused here but wasn't helping customers also her job?
                        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                          I'm a bit confused here but wasn't helping customers also her job?
                          Probably not in her own mind, that might be something for lesser employee's to handle...

Comment

I walked into the local Subway shop to order some sandwiches. The door was unlocked and the lights were on, and I was there within their hours of operation (I checked). However, there was no one behind the counter. I stood there for a couple of minutes, then yelled, "YOO HOO!!" The manager came bustling out and he apologized for not hearing the door buzzer when I came in. They were just lucky I'm so honest; I could have helped myself to the contents of their register, had I been so inclined.

Comment

Working...
                            X