This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A week (or so) of Little Miss Nissan LONG

Backstory and stuff: I'm a towing dispatcher. We tow a section of a major roadway. if you get into an accident and have full coverage insurance, you don't pay for the tow as they pick up the tow in and out. If you don't have that, you have to pay for the tow in and out.

The tale of Little Miss Nissan doesn't even start with her. She wasn't even there when the event happened. But she fleshed out the bard's tale with phone calls and finally showing up later on.

4 males either family or friends of Little Miss Nissan (LMN) were in said vehicle driving along to wherever. Suddenly, a tractor trailer looses a piece to their air brakes and in classic Final Destination style a Volvo drives over it doing something horrible to their radiator causing the hose to break free which the Nissan then runs over puncturing an important pan under the car resulting in a massive leak.

GASP. We arrive os to the 4 gentleman standing outside the car scratching their heads trying to find a ride. The insurance info from the BG story is explained to them. BTW guess which part they heard as it was explained and only that part? Free Tow.

So when Saturday dawns and they call the morning dispatcher to use AAA for the tow out, they suddenly learn that if they don't have insurance they have to pay. PAY YOU SAY?! Outrageous! They are informed of the price and then nothing more is heard of them until the Heroine arrives! (me)

First call of my shift was them 3 waying me and the start of Little Miss Nissan who informs me that
    • She wants a manager
    • The price is unfair as they were told it was a free tow
    • That they want to pay with a credit card when we told them unfortunately it's cash only
    • That they will be down later

Of course they never showed up but called several times to confirm how much it was all that afternoon, what time we were closing, and if their car was secure. (locked up tight in our fence)

Monday slowly rolls out of bed to the Manager finally being there and getting a phone call where LMN is suddenly a resonable person. She's told again to be there before a certain time and he was even going to knock off some of the storage fees for her. Fantastic!

....Saturday 3pm. LMN, her husband and another male are on the phone demanding of our Heroine that they get to pay with a credit card. They are reminded they spoke to the manager and he said Cash only. She explained that someone was already on their way. 4 calls later over the space of 3 hours close to when they had to pick it up came the tales of woe. The traffic is bad going out of major city because of a special even that was happening this weekend. The car got a flat tire on the way. They won't make it at the specified time. Fine.., you have til 9pm. Oh and she wants me to put the vehicle outside of our fence so that when she gets there to pay, that they can quickly get it towed out through AAA. We are AAA and we will be towing it eventually. There is no need to put it outside the fence. (I'm not exactly bright but I'm defintely not stupid). One more call later and they couldn't come today so it would have to be tomorrow.

The only reason why they showed up before noon today (Sun) is because they were told it would be another days storage if they did not, just to get them to finally show up an pay for their damn car.

You'd assume, my readers, that the epoch would end there. NO..it did not. They tried to call AAA before they paid. Calling the poor morning dispatcher to chew her out yet again because they were only 10 mins away and she had no right to tell AAA they hadn't paid yet. 30 mins later, they show and finally pay BUT IT DOESN'T END THERE.

We tow their broken hunk down to a hole in the wall garage in the major city and drop it off putting the keys in the designated slot. They did not believe we took it there and went to the place to look for it. They called for the umpteenth time asking where their car was. THE LOT ISN'T THAT BIG. All leading up to her pitching an absolute fit that we didn't leave her keys in the vehicle and put them in the designated slot. Only the universe knows why she cared.

My hands are tired my friends. I cannot type anymore and am just overjoyed that Little Miss Nissan will no longer throw shade over our less then pristine doorway.

Fin'

Methinks you'd get along well with Argabarga, our resident tow truck driver
    There is no need to put it outside the fence. (I'm not exactly bright but I'm defintely not stupid).
    I'm sure she had absolutely no intention of having it towed from there by somebody else and then trying to sue you guys for "allowing it to be 'stolen'" I honestly don't think it would ever occur to her that you'd have security cameras pointed pretty much everywhere, including any street parking areas immediately outside of your lot.
    she had no right to tell AAA they hadn't paid yet
    Wow. Lady's got some brass ones on there to complain about that. If anything, you guys are obliged to tell AAA that the payment hasn't been made, correct? Y'all did nothing wrong.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      Wow. Lady's got some brass ones on there to complain about that. If anything, you guys are obliged to tell AAA that the payment hasn't been made, correct? Y'all did nothing wrong.
      But, you see, AAA might think she was a deadbeat! Someone who didn't pay their bills! And all just because she didn't pay her bills? That's soooooooooo unfair!!
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

So many fails on the attempted fraud.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          No kidding. I couldn't believe she just kept trying one thing after another after another ... and all of them so blatant.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth JarethsPet View Post
            BTW guess which part they heard as it was explained and only that part? Free Tow.

Fin'

They only hear what they want to hear.

Comment

Garage

It there any chance the garage's employees post here?

I am sure the attempted scam continued. Bet they do repairs that are needed but she claims only X need to be done, then she will try to collect the car without paying for the extra NEEDED repairs.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post

I am sure the attempted scam continued. Bet they do repairs that are needed but she claims only X need to be done, then she will try to collect the car without paying for the extra NEEDED repairs.
                I don't make sucker bets.

Sounds like she's in need of a clue . . . by four to the head for thinking she could get out of paying for the tow.

There again, why do that to the clue by four? It doesn't deserve that punishment.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

She definitely wanted the car to get "stolen" and have you (your company) buy her a new car. I think I live near that major city. Traffic wasn't THAT bad over the weekend, even with the unusual event. But the clincher was the nobody garage with leaving the keys in the car. Why not just put a sign on it that says free car? I have to wonder if she has any insurance coverage at all. These repairs would be covered.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Methinks you'd get along well with Argabarga, our resident tow truck driver
                    I absolutely love reading Argabarga's posts as I feel like we have such similar situations. Now we're small town USA and don't have as many problems but I feel like I could relate lol.

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                    But, you see, AAA might think she was a deadbeat! Someone who didn't pay their bills! And all just because she didn't pay her bills? That's soooooooooo unfair!!
                    Do you know how many calls I get a week at dealerships, garages, etc that haven't been paid for yet? We end up having to do other's jobs by calling the place just to make sure. Not only that but we refuse to tow from those places after they are closed because not every one of them has a fence so how are we to know it' was worked on and not paid for?

Quoth csquared View Post
                    Same here. At least a few times a month we get calls from people who were towed and it was paid by either roadside or insurance and they want a copy of the receipt as if that doesn't scream insurance fraud.

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    No kidding. I couldn't believe she just kept trying one thing after another after another ... and all of them so blatant.
                    We get them so often but they are never the same type of person. No real demographic on the type of people that pull this stuff.

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                    They only hear what they want to hear.
                    The lack of dollar signs haha. I swear some people don't realize that you can't have everything for nothing. The driver has to get paid somehow and it's not by magic.

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post

That would be interesting to hear. The garage we took it to was tiny as if it used to be a corner gas station but they were PACKED. Like they got a lot of business down in major city. I can tell you that kind of stuff happens at our garage. We call them with each little thing now to the point of annoyance just to make sure people don't try and pull a fast one on us. AND we right what we told them on the bill and make them sign it just in case.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    I don't make sucker bets.

Sounds like she's in need of a clue . . . by four to the head for thinking she could get out of paying for the tow.

There again, why do that to the clue by four? It doesn't deserve that punishment.
                    Haha, poor dead tree. I agree!

Quoth Shyla View Post
                    She definitely wanted the car to get "stolen" and have you (your company) buy her a new car. I think I live near that major city. Traffic wasn't THAT bad over the weekend, even with the unusual event. But the clincher was the nobody garage with leaving the keys in the car. Why not just put a sign on it that says free car? I have to wonder if she has any insurance coverage at all. These repairs would be covered.
                    I'm surprised by the amount of people who demand that I trust them. We get police impounds and they are only cash to pay for. I get multiple people begging to use credit or checks and demand that I trust they will pay. Like you can't stop payment on either of those items??

Going out of that city wasn't bad so I knew her lies were piling up. Going in was a little tricky as I had a driver drop off down on the outskirts but it still wasn't too terrible.

I doubt there was insurance because most people at least mention what kind of coverage they have or that they don't know. She never said a peep which I found weird. She would kind of change the subject once it was mentioned so maybe you're right that she didn't have coverage at all.
                    Last edited by EricKei; 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts

Comment

Working...
                    X