Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It is your fault that my coupons fell on the floor. I hope you are happy now"

This incident happened yesterday at work.

An older female customer came to my register with her groceries and her reusable bags.

She had a bunch of coupons to use. The other coupons she placed on the area where the machine is where you use your debit/credit card.

She could not use one of the coupons I gave her because it was for a particular store brand of ice cream *the grocery store private selection*, but she bought the *deluxe grocery store brand of ice cream*. I walked over to the reusable bags that were in her cart that the courtesy clerk/bagger already bagged asking if she bought *the grocery store private selection brand of ice cream*, and said yes.

So I scrolled up and down the screen to see, but she did not buy that brand.

While I was doing that, she said "fine, just give me back my coupon, and I will use it later."

I told her that the ice cream she bought was the *deluxe grocery store brand*.

So I did that, and the coupons that were next to the debit/credit card machine fell on the floor.

I asked her if she needed help, but her response was "It is your fault the my coupons fell on the floor. I hope you are happy now, but that does not matter."

The courtesy clerk/bagger said nothing while continuing to sack her groceries.

When her receipt printed, I noticed that there was a survey towards the bottom. Currently we are supposed to circle that survey with a highlighter. So I did that. She had the cat-butt look on her face while I did that.

I gave her receipt, and said thank you.

The courtesy clerk/bagger said nothing to her.

"If it does not matter, then yes, I'm very happy your stuff fell on the floor."

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
      She could not use one of the coupons I gave her because it was for a particular store brand of ice cream *the grocery store private selection*, but she bought the *deluxe grocery store brand of ice cream*.
      My understanding is that these would be equivalent to "No Name" (plain-label, cheap store brand) and "President's Choice" (deluxe store brand) at the Loblaws family of stores (includes No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore, and others) in Canada.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I would've found it almost impossible not to roll my eyes at that point.

"Yes, I used my Dark Magic powers to make your coupons fall onto the floor! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!"

Because, you know, if I truly had Dark Magic powers, that would be the best use I could think of for them.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

She should have come to my old work. I regularly flung people's coupons on the floor. No on purpose, but they put them on the cutting counter, and often measuring and folding the fabric would move the air and blow the coupons off. I would apologize, and then they'd put the coupons back in the same spot.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            "Yes, I used my Dark Magic powers to make your coupons fall onto the floor! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!"
            Or you could use a box of chocolates to knock their coupons onto the floor. What kind of chocolates? Black Magic, of course.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Or you could use a box of chocolates to knock their coupons onto the floor. What kind of chocolates? Black Magic, of course.
              Wouldn't work. I'd have eaten the entire box before she got all her coupons set out on the counter.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Songs:
                Are You Happy Now? - Richard Shindell

Feel Your Feelings - John Forster
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X