Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why they make horns, to let people know you are there.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

• Here are mine... Why do u feel the need to drive with your brights on on the high way witch has lights and blind the rest of us. I get off work at 1 am my eyes burn from people using there bright's DAILY. Please if your in the fast lane doing the speed limit or slower GET OUT of it !!!! 40 is not fast 60 is even under the speed limit get out!!!! Oh rain does not mean slam on your breaks and do 30 !!! Rain its means slow down to the speed limit and focus on the road and nothing more.... When its raining I get in the slow lane and focus on the road not slam on my break ifs its sprinkling then I still keep up with traffic. Okay that's all for now.

Comment

• Quoth raw1989 View Post
        Why do u feel the need to drive with your brights on on the high way witch has lights and blind the rest of us.
        I hate that drivers around here turn their brights on and don't seem to know how to turn them off when oncoming traffic (me!) is approaching. I'm not even nice about it anymore, after I flash and flash again and they don't turn them off. They get two 2-second flashes - if they don't flash me back or turn them off, I turn mine on. If I'm going to be blinded, they will be too.

Another thing drivers around here don't seem to understand, a basic law of physics; ice is slippery! The past few days, we've had stretches of road covered in ice, and I've had to slow down to 30MPH to get through them. Doesn't stop the drivers in all wheel drive vehicles tailgating, and even passing me.

Sure all wheel drive makes you feel secure, but just try to stop. Like the 18-wheeler that jackknifed blocking a lane of road a couple of days ago when it hit one of the ice patches; I saw it happen from a safe distance, and had to work around slowing down enough to get around it without ending up in the ditch. At least today the roads were clear.

Comment

• The fog was very thick yesterday evening with ice forming on anything that wasn't moving. The fog was thick enough that white and grey cars were pretty much invisible. So, of course, there were the special people who refused to turn their lights on - neither running nor headlights. What freakin' morons. I really don't understand those types of snowflakes.
          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

• The turn lane is there for a reason, and its not so you can suddenly turn left from the normal lane.

The gas station has turn lanes. Use them, stop backing up traffic on this one lane road because you've suddenly forgotten what a turn lane is!

I AM DRIVING 50 MPH AND AM TOO CLOSE FOR YOU TO TURN! No, don't turn! Don't! Do-!! Ok, so I'm flipping you off because I had to slam my brakes to avoid broadsiding your giant ass SUV with my tiny sedan. Also, your SUV doesn't accelerate as fast as you think. FYSA. ><"

Comment

• Quoth otter View Post
              TI AM DRIVING 50 MPH AND AM TOO CLOSE FOR YOU TO TURN! No, don't turn! Don't! Do-!! Ok, so I'm flipping you off because I had to slam my brakes to avoid broadsiding your giant ass SUV with my tiny sedan. Also, your SUV doesn't accelerate as fast as you think. FYSA. ><"
              Suburban-class SUV does this in front of a Century, misjudges distances, and gets hit. Buick Century (mid-size car) will get the worse of the deal. Freightliner Century (highway tractor) is another story. Suburban has 3 tons of steel to protect the driver, Century has 10 tons (bobtailing) to turn him into a red smear. Note that all other factors being equal, it'll take the Freightliner half a second longer than the Buick to stop (brake lag - an inherent phenomenon with air brakes).
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                Suburban-class SUV does this in front of a Century, misjudges distances, and gets hit. Buick Century (mid-size car) will get the worse of the deal. Freightliner Century (highway tractor) is another story. Suburban has 3 tons of steel to protect the driver, Century has 10 tons (bobtailing) to turn him into a red smear. Note that all other factors being equal, it'll take the Freightliner half a second longer than the Buick to stop (brake lag - an inherent phenomenon with air brakes).
                If only! Unfortunately these all happened in about 2 minutes of my five minute drive to work... I almost rear-ended the sudden left turner, they also almost got Tboned by the guy who was actually in the proper left turn lane... Gas station guy did like the left turn guy but turning right from the straight lane, and the SUV thought he had enough of a gap to turn left from the other gas station entrance...

Comment

• Just a small one today:

You. Nitwit. On the bicycle, cutting diagonally across the street in the middle of the block. With headphones on. Look up occasionally, lest Sir Newton prevail and my front bumper meet your everything.

Thank you.
                  Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                  They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

• Dear Western Montanians and Western Washingtonians,

As you can see by my plates I'm from South Dakota. I learned to drive in the Black Hills yet evidently this does not give me the same experience in mountainous driving as you would think. Therefore I am SLOWING THE HELL DOWN around the curves and down the downward sides of the passes. GET OFF MY BUTT!!! If you want to go 65/70 mph on 55mph curves and so forth do so but I am not. I will wave as you go flying off the side of the mountain.

Dear Wyoming I-90 gods...you suck.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

• I'd pull over... or maybe try to outrun them. But then, that's just me.
                      Just stay out of the "workplace memes" thread. Please. I mean it.

Comment

• Dear cyclist

I don't care how expensive your bike obviously is, or how fancy the gear you're wearing is. When the speed limit is higher than you can cycle (and I know it is as I passed you while doing it) and there is a dedicated cycle lane that is off the road and, it has to be said, is in better repair than the road itself, please don't cycle down the middle of the flipping road so that we all have to crawl until it is safe to pass you!

I do not blame the people in front of/behind me who blared their horns at you as they passed in the slightest, even though it is technically illegal (no, I didn't, though I was sorely tempted). You had it coming, mate.
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Dear road drivers

Learn to use your gas pedal. The speed limit is 80 on the highway... Sometimes higher, but never lower. Stop driving it at 50 or 60 and if you do insist on driving like a senile turtle then don't get pissed off when I switch lanes specifically to pass your sorry ass.

Sincerely, taken 2 hrs on what should have been a half hour drive.

Dear cops

Stop jumping into traffic suddenly when trying to pull over speeders on the highway. The car going 140 in a 90 zone just had to swerve into my lane to avoid squishing you because he couldn't stop in time. (Ended up going off road because he lost control.) Tell me how exactly is almost taking out normal drivers making the roads safer?

Sincerely, I didn't know my car could stop that fast and I think I just had a heart attack.
                          Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

• Dear Flatlanders,

I know that you drove 80+ mph on the I17 for an hour and kinda got used to those speeds. You are now on H69. The H part means Highway. Highways are different than Interstates. The speed limits are much lower because vehicles are entering and exiting the highway from side roads on a regular basis and need a few seconds to get up to the 65 mph speed limit.

Doing 90 on this highway is rather unwise and very rude. Doing such a thing during a pouring monsoon storm while pulling a toy hauler shows a serious lack of judgement. Doing so while your wife, 2 children and 2 dogs were in the truck makes me seriously doubt your desire to live.

Please stop doing this. You delayed my drive to work by 20 minutes and I'm sure that you delayed yourself much more than driving a safe speed would have.

From what I could see through the pouring rain, the truck was upside down and the toy hauler was on its side. I knew how many people and dogs were inside because they were all standing outside in the rain.

Oddly enough, nobody had stopped to offer umbrellas or blankets and we are usually a very kind and considerate people. Even the cops were keeping their rain gear to themselves.

Comment

• To the idiot kids who ride their bicycles down my street, on the left, three abreast, and occasionally after dark:
                              • Here in the Land of Ravenous Weasels, you are, legally speaking, operating a vehicle--though not a motor vehicle, obviously--when you ride your bike.
                              • Vehicles are required to be operated on the RIGHT side of the road, in the direction of travel.
                              • Yes, that means you.
                              • You're also expected to ride single-file, as close to the edge of the road as is practical.
                              • Yes, that means you, too.
                              • And after dark? Where are your headlights (visible from at least 500 ft away) and tail lights?
                              • ...wait for it!... And yes, this also means you!

People drive like morons on this road - it's a residential street, so the speed limit is 25, but it's long and straight, so I've seen people doing at least double that. So when one of you finally reaps the final reward for stupidity, please remember that I will experience a great deal of schadenfreude while I'm dialing 911 so they can come and scrape your stupid ass off the road.
                              "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

• You do not need to have your highbeams on when you're driving down really well lit roads or during the daytime damnit. You can turn them the fuck off when you see another car coming. Sincerely tired of almost being run off the road I can't bloody well see because your super over powered highbeams are pointed in my face.
                                Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
                                X