This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You have your opinion and I have mine"--

that's what she said to me. I really wish I'd said "My opinion is that the late fee is valid." But I'd already agreed to waive it.

They can have a notification sent to email that there's a new bill, which is handy when you are only billed 4 times a year. Hers isn't working so she said "We never received the bill." OK, maybe they didn't, but it was available online. On the other hand, her notification went to her spam so she didn't see it. If that were the first time, I could understand. But we've waived fees every single quarter. At some point you have to take responsibility. I gave her the option of doing auto-pay to which she said they didn't want to. I told her they could have monthly billing if that would help (quarterly is easy to forget about). Nope on that. Finally I told her if it was me and I didn't want to check online I'd put it on my calendar.

That's when she came up with the argument that that's me personally and she's at a business where she receives hundreds of invoices to pay, so different situation. So shouldn't she be even more on the ball than I am with my personal finances since IT'S HER FREAKING JOB TO PAY THE BILLS?
    She made the title statement and told me expecting her to keep track of their bills is poor customer service.

She wants poor customer service? I'll give it to her. I suspect they won't pay the bill on time next quarter, either. I put on my calendar (handy, aren't they? ) to check that at that time. If I see it's late, I'm putting a note on the ticket that any fees are valid and not to be waived. That won't really do anything because no one else will see it if they don't see that particular ticket. But she will; I will make sure it goes to her email. Yeah, I'm doing it just to prove my point. I had a chat with one of the supervisors and she's behind that all the way.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Ugh, I hate customers like this. I'd guess she's doing it on purpose to put off paying the bill for a while and then claiming she "didn't know" so she can get the fees waived. Makes me wonder what HER boss would think of this.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Poor thing, she seems a bit dim. As if her willful stupidity wasn't enough, she is deliberately pushing your buttons. You, the person DOING HER A FAVOR by waiving the fee. I pity her company, who made her responsible for paying bills. I wonder how many lines of credit were ended because she ticked off other vendors.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Not only was I doing her a favor, but I broke policy. I don't think I'll get in trouble--supervisor said I'd be fine--but I regret not standing up to her. We've already waived about $180 worth of fees for the last year. (Yeah, they're high, but so is the lease payment, which she should pay on time!!)

Comment

What's that old saying, "opinions are like assholes"?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            I wonder how many lines of credit were ended because she ticked off other vendors.
            Looks like we can add one here
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

^ It's a lease so it might go to collections and ruin their credit.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                Yep - everybody has one, and most are full of shit.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Yep - everybody has one, and most are full of shit.
                  Yeah, but most idiots have a plethora of FOS opinions but only one axle 'pon which the world spins.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

...What opinion is she even talking about? Because paying bills is not an opinion you can have. That's like saying eating is an opinion. Or is she talking about your opinion that she should figure out how to pay bills on time? Because if that's something she believes I can't believe she's really in charge of paying "hundreds" of bills. After just one month she'd have run that business into the ground.
                    Last edited by notalwaysright; 05-24-2017, 09:30 PM.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

When I worked at a satellite call center I had a notorious customer like this. He'd want an adult channel off and want the programming change fee waived. they allowed it time after time. Finally I had enough and wrote down the customer's account number, and sporadically I'd go in and check the fees. If they were waived, I'd add them back on and add notes.

Comment

See if you can "unwittingly" CC the next notice to the higher up in this SC's organization.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          Because if that's something she believes I can't believe she's really in charge of paying "hundreds" of bills. After just one month she'd have run that business into the ground.
                          Background: I work for a firm of accountants who do the bookkeeping and pay suppliers for a particular client. /background.

We actually had a supplier go under, partly because their credit controller never bothered sending out invoices or statements. The first we knew about it was when a liquidation company sent us a statement with outstanding invoices we'd never heard of. When I rang up to ask for copies, I mentioned that on the rare occasions I got a statement I'd have to request invoices a minimum of 6 times before we finally got copies to pay. The liquidator said that every customer she'd spoken to said the exact same thing. We didn't get anything from the supplier for a couple of years, and I'd assumed our client had stopped using them. It was just that the supplier's factoring company fired them, so we weren't even getting statements any more for the invoices we did owe. No wonder they went under!
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                            Everybody has one.

One of my Mom's favorite sayings.

Right there with "Want in one hand, shit in the other and see which gets filled first."
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              Everybody has one.
                              ...and with rare exceptions, they stink.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...
                              X