X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Project_Mars View Post
    One Evil Ex Down, Six to go?
    Scott Pilgrim FTW!
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The guy under us regularly blasts his music, the radio, or television, and I can usually hear him cursing (and sometimes getting intimate, I think, yikes). I've strongly considered flipping his breaker (we can access them all in the basement, they're unlocked and well labeled. . .
      "Sometimes all you have is nonsense to deal with and your anger with which to do so."

Comment

Quoth Calvin St.Hobbes View Post
        But the weed itself is no reason for anybody to get their drawers in a knot...
        Unless you're allergic to it like I am. Sorry, I don't really like my eyes swelling shut.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        Same here. Although what constitutes "quiet enjoyment" is up for debate. Our downstairs neighbor can hear the people above us at times. When those kids aren't in school it sounds like they're reenacting Minas Tirith up there and vibrations get transferred through the walls.
        Sounds like they're related to my upstairs neighbors. They walk around hard enough to vibrate my ceiling fans and sometimes it sounds like they're bouncing bowling balls.

I walked outside one time to look up to see if I could see just how many people were doing jumping-jacks and thought to myself, "perhaps if you turned on light, you wouldn't be stumbling around like that".
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Virulent View Post
          The guy under us regularly blasts his music, the radio, or television, and I can usually hear him cursing (and sometimes getting intimate, I think, yikes). I've strongly considered flipping his breaker (we can access them all in the basement, they're unlocked and well labeled. . .
          LOL! When I was in the Army, the guy in the room next to mine in the barracks liked to play his music at high volume. Especially when he was entertaining the womenfolk. (He entertained a LOT!) So, one night, I walked down to the circuit breaker, found the switch to his room...

The CQ(Charge of Quarters, the person who maintains order after duty hours and gets the word out for an alert) came across some of the other guys keeping me and the noisemaker apart. The good sergeant told the noisemaker to keep it down, and told me not to play electrician.
          Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            Unless you're allergic to it like I am. Sorry, I don't really like my eyes swelling shut.
            Pagan-can relate. I'm allergic to the stuff, too. People never believed me when I told them. That, Nancy Reagan, and my mother all contributed to my not getting into drugs. Though one time, I did catch my little brother, during his young and stupid days, smoking weed in my place. I told him that if he ever smoked that fecal matter in my home again, that the only thing that would beat him to jail would be the headlights of the ambulance he was in.

Don't get me wrong. For the most part, I'm live and let live on things, just don't do it around me. But that crossed the line with me.
            Last edited by protege; 02-19-2011, 02:12 AM. Reason: Quote tag :)
            Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Quoth Project_Mars View Post
              One Evil Ex Down, Six to go?
              Actually, it wouldn't have been one of the exes. Just one of the most evil of the exes' hipster minions.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

At Ex's old apartment we used to be 'treated' to guitar solos by the guy downstairs during the day. Between that and the fighting... Their son was autistic and sometimes made noise, which we could overlook since we knew there wasn't much they or he could do about it, but the parents screaming at each other and slamming doors...we never called the police ourselves, but other neighbors must have because more than once we heard a rather authoritative knocking on their door.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Man I am glad I live in a quiet neighborhood. All I have to worry about is barking dogs and my neighbors car that sits right next to my window. That has a "BEEP BEEP BEEP....BEEP BEEP" loud enough to wake Henry the VIIIth every time they start the car.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Can't seem to get the quote reply to work so I'll try this...
                    To he who's eyes swell -...
                    *Well...that's e-z enough to avoid. Don't go in his place then. Unless he's living in a place as well insulated as a manger thenI really don't think enough is going to escape to pollute the atmosphere enough to swell anybody up.
                    But somebody smoking quietly is not hurting anyone...*

And the follow up agreeer...(yes,I know I made up a word)
                    You had every right to lay down the law on your lil brother. Your house=your rules.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      One time when I called the police, I held the phone up so the dispatcher could hear how loud it was.
                      When I lived in the apartment, I did this almost every weekend. At least it seemed that often! I seriously could NOT hear the dispatcher!

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
                      How about possession of an illegal substance? Somehow, I doubt they have a prescription for medicinal weed, and I don't know if Texas even allows it...
                      Nope, Texas does NOT have medicinal marijuana. I can't tell you how much (little) is still considered to be a misdemeanor, but it's ALL illegal.
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Calvin St.Hobbes View Post
                        To he who's eyes swell -...
                        *Well...that's e-z enough to avoid. Don't go in his place then.
                        Except that they were smoking it behind me at a concert. We paid for tickets, too. And no, I didn't know that's what they were smoking until after. I was 16 and never smelled it before, my parents were the ones that recognized the odor.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Can't argue against that...public place and all.

Comment

Working...
                          X