Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From a co-worker - I believe this donor should...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
    Do you give the donor a tax form? So if he claimed the donation as a deduction he now has to pay taxes on it? Oh yes, I went there. Some people deserve the special hell that is the IRS.
    I thought of that too. I looked the foundations home page up but they doesn't say anything about tax deductions.
    It would be a fitting punishment.

Comment

We do give receipts and he probably did get his tax deduction for it. Not much we can do for that unless the IRS audits him and asks us for his records.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
        In other words, he didn't donate so that the child could be happy - he donated so he could pat himself on the back for doing it.
        Quoted for truth. How messed up that his own pat on the back was somehow less without there being a child's funeral being involved.

There are some truly fucked up, messed up, screwed up people in the world.

Comment

i don't suppose... is it against policy to notify the IRS of the refund?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            i don't suppose... is it against policy to notify the IRS of the refund?
            It shouldn't be, otherwise I think I just found a wonderful, almost foolproof way of keeping the taxes down.
            How often are you audited in USA if the accounts look reasonable?

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
              How often are you audited in USA if the accounts look reasonable?
              Well the IRS did add a few triggers a few years ago. But there are a certain number of returns that are taken randomly without having triggered any warnings.

Quoth Author Lawrence J. Peter
              "Few of us ever test our powers of deduction, except when filling out an income tax form.''
              "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
              "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
              My MySpace
              My LiveJournal

Comment

They are pissed because the kid they read about is still alive?

Today is the six-month anniversary of my son's death. ( http://timsgrievingfather.blogspot.com ) You can imagine how I feel towards this fucker. (Sorry about the language, I can't think of anything nastier to call him right now.)
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Captain T, that's rough. And I don't blame you a bit for the resentment.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

What an unbelievably awful thing masquerading as a human being.
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                    X