This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation at the Wildfire. *short*

Okay, some kinda relatives of mine who live in the Tacoma area recently insisted on taking their traditional summer vacation. At Lake Chelan. Uh, as has recently mentioned, Washington state is on fire right now. And there is a large fire around Chelan, and multiple other fires in the direct area.

So my kinda relatives went to their campground, and were very put out because it had no power, and there was lots of smoke. No, I don't know why they were allowed at the campground, or maybe it was a cabin they rent, I'm not very close to these people. Regardless, they are not prime examples of the human race.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

"Hey, let's book a cruise on the Titanic! What, it's sinking?! Then I demand a discount!"

Comment

Common sense and self-preservation instincts seem to be rapidly vanishing from humanity.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

How soon 'til they're superpowers?
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

They already are.

Well, that answers my question about what sort of person goes TO a disaster area (for reasons other than 'to help').
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Common sense and self-preservation instincts seem to be rapidly vanishing from humanity.
            That means the culling is coming.

We-- by which I mean us sensible CS.com folks-- will be fine, and the world will be a beautiful place without all the stupid people around.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Your relatives... They do wish to be cremated? But not alive?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I'm kinda hoping this becomes a self correcting problem, but we all know we're going to end up like Idiocracy. It's already getting FRIGHTENINGLY close.

Comment

Shit, you can see the smoke from the regional wildfires even here and it's been all over the local news.

Morons.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I would think that the wildfire and smoke itself would be a deterrent, but then what do I know? I don't think on the same level as most of the general (read: stupid) populace anyway. I'm just wondering how many blockades they ignored to get to the campground, myself.
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

"You want to go on vacation at the wildfire? That really burns me up."

If I found out that a place I wanted to visit was on fire or about to be hit by a hurricane, I'd take a raincheck. I am not about to mess with fires or flood waters.
                      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                        They already are.
                        Any comics of a hero with those? Other than Idiocracy, of course.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                          "You want to go on vacation at the wildfire? That really burns me up."

If I found out that a place I wanted to visit was on fire or about to be hit by a hurricane, I'd take a raincheck. I am not about to mess with fires or flood waters.
                          Fire particularly scares me, though I wouldn't mess with a hurricane either. Burning or drowning aren't ways I want to check out. I remember seeing something about how if you wait until the fire is too close, your car won't start, because the fire sucks out all the oxygen and it won't make a spark to start the engine. So they sometimes find people dead in their garages or cars, like they were trying to escape.

Fire isn't something our area (at least Western Washington) is really used to. I mean, yeah some dry summers we'll get smallish fires, but this is really unusual. Not that I'm excusing their idiocy. These are people who get on my nerves. They aren't flat out horrible, yet I dislike them. They're the classic "don't think about consequences" family. I mean, they all get traffic and parking tickets and moan about the price, but keep speeding like maniacs. Those kind of people. And OMG, how do they get parking tickets? It's dead easy to find parking here, and even if you park illegally, it takes a while to get a ticket. I've never had any kind of ticket. (knock on wood!)
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Vacationing is one thing. How about living? I've been suffering from sinus infections for weeks because of that fire. It's the very air we breathe--and I live in a valley nearby, which kinda sucks the fire down, where it stays. Just--nowhere to go this time.

Comment

The smoke was killing me for a couple days last week down here in Portland... I can't even imagine what that was like being THERE. Who would do that?

Comment

Working...
                              X