This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Sightings of Arbabaraing :bounce:

So Hubby and I recently moved. We're actually quite close to the local HandEgg stadium, and today is game day. In fact, I think kickoff is occurring right as I post this. Well today I found out WHY our complex has gated, permit-only parking. My neighborhood just turned into a giant parking lot. I have no doubt some dipshits came in the gate to our lot and are attempting to use our paid-for spots, so I plan to go out and watch Argabarga's friends at work today. Possibly while giving vent to a few well-timed "HA-Has" (ala Nelson Muntz).
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

I'm picturing something like this:
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Oh yeah, game parking is fun. In *college town*, not only do many business owners, land owners, and homeowners rent their driveway/lot/yard for parking, but there are always idiots that decide they are entitled to ANY available spot, regardless of where it is and who owns it. Each game there are people towed for parking on some random person's lawn without permission. And of course, the 2nd guy sees the first illegally-parked car, so they park there too. Then a third, and a fourth, etc. I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty pissed to come home and find out a bunch of a-holes decided my front lawn was free parking.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I'd be on the phone to a towing company ASAP.

Then I'd be looking into fences.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
          I'd be on the phone to a towing company ASAP.

Then I'd be looking into fences.
          Or possibly some nice sharp iron stakes that can be "planted" in the lawn.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

One of the gates is usually open during daylight. Today they closed all of them. It was enough to deter the "hey! Parking!" Idjits. Poop. No scoffing at stupid parkers for me.

As far as the other topic, nobody but nobody parks on the lawn here. There are huge fines for parking on grass within city limits, laws are very strictly enforced (snobby areas do have some upsides), plus grass parking is seen as something only small town Trailer Trash does. The closest your average Denverite will get to lawn parking is using a slightly-overgrown gravel driveway. Now some areas of Aurora, on the other hand...
            Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 09-14-2015, 04:11 AM.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Or possibly some nice sharp iron stakes that can be "planted" in the lawn.
              Yours is definitely much better.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

The church my in-laws go to has that problem. An adjacent lot holds part of the annual festival in town and of course, everyone thinks it's okay to park at the church. Let's not forget that this festival is held on the weekends, which includes Sunday. What really gets me is that the church cemetery isn't fenced in, so occasionally you get idiots parking on top of graves. Security for the event has no problem getting rid of them, though they'll leave every other car parked in the church lot.
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
                  What really gets me is that the church cemetery isn't fenced in, so occasionally you get idiots parking on top of graves.
                  That's despicable! I don't understand people...

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    but there are always idiots that decide they are entitled to ANY available spot, regardless of where it is and who owns it. Each game there are people towed for parking on some random person's lawn without permission. I'd be pretty pissed to come home and find out a bunch of a-holes decided my front lawn was free parking.
                    I'd be tempted to have everything "primed" for a fence - post footings in place waiting to have brackets bolted to them to install the posts, materials pre-cut and painted, etc. I'd LOVE to see the idiot's reaction when they come back from the game and find that my front yard had a fence around it. They call the cops? "Sorry, officer, I have no idea how they got their cars into a fenced yard".

What really gets me is that the church cemetery isn't fenced in, so occasionally you get idiots parking on top of graves.
                    If there were a gang of thieves in town feeding a "chop shop", I'm sure the church would temporarily waive one of the 10 Commandments - and they'd take a few lessons from Sgt. Schultz.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

so occasionally you get idiots parking on top of graves.
                      I just....I...nope, I can't handle this image.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        I'm sure the church would temporarily waive one of the 10 Commandments - and they'd take a few lessons from Sgt. Schultz.
                        "Oh, look! The cemetery has more graves. I wonder how that happened."
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

My friend used to live a block away from an Irish bar. On St. Patrick's day the lot would be packed and the spillover would park up and down his street.

On at least a couple of occasions these ballsy assholes actually parked in his driveway. A quick call to the police remedied that.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                            Wrong commandment. Notice that I mentioned a "chop shop" - after the game, the people who parked on the graves come back and find that their cars are missing, and everyone associated with the church saw nothing, nothing, NOTHING!
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                              Quoth wolfie View Post
                              ... Notice that I mentioned a "chop shop" ...
                              *We're* dreaming Sweeney Todd styley chop shop.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X