This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
    Am I the only one who wishes that like Homer Simpson,this child actually has just been named 'The Boy'
    his middle name is Boyd.... so it kind of is. We call him the boy because he is A) the boy and B) when he was little and had to be called his full name because we was misbehaving or they were giving his full name for something he got upset and one day yelled 'Stop calling me boy i have a name!' which lead to explaining what his middle name was and why and him gaining the moniker for ever of The Boy.

Comment

My boyfriend when ordering over the phone (taxi, food etc) tends to use my surname which is very common and easy to spell rather than his Arabic and unusually spelt surname.
      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

I have a last name that ends in "sen" (something like Hansen). For some stupid reason the whole world wants to spell it "son". There is a somewhat famous person with his last name spelt this way.

When I look in the phone book there are way more "sen"s than "son"s but everyone spells it the wrong way, sometimes even when I tell them the right way first. So now I just refuse to accept it as my name when they do that.

I just say "That's not my name" and don't say anything more. It has become that annoying and so I want to annoy them back.
        Last edited by gerund; 10-03-2015, 02:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
          I have a last name that ends in "sen" (something like Hansen). For some stupid reason the whole world wants to spell it "son". There is a somewhat famous person with his last name spelt this way.
          My last name is a simple four letter name. It is the same as a common food item. Yet it will be misspelled and mispronounced. It is a single syllable, yet one person pronounced it as two syllables. On several occasions I found it to my benefit not to correct them.

When I worked for the Navy, people would sometimes mishear my first name as "captain" and I saw no reason to correct them.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth gerund View Post
            I also have that problem

Comment

Working...
            X