This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tow Files: Tuesday Tosser Tales

This is a University Town, which means the cops are bored off their assess about this time of year of constantly stepping over crusty piles of vomit and shuffling drunken students off to detox when they get caught red handed trying to break into what they think is their apartment but in their alcoholic haze, have not realized is actually the local Dunkin Donuts....

So, when they get a call last Tuesday that you were seen aiming a pistol out the window of your car and possibly firing it another motorist after a traffic dispute , you can bet your last sweet cup of vanilla pudding that they WILL respond to that.

And by respond I mean they WILL find you, they WILL detain you, and they will have us tow your car to the station's designated "toss pit" where they can execute a search warrant on it and toss it for said weapon.

They find the gun, and it's an airsoft pistol, so lucky for you, you escape this episode of "Dips#its and the Law" without felony charges, and will likely only face criminal mischief/disorderly conduct. But since they're rather cross with you right now, they tell you to just go home, get out of their hair, and if they DO feel like charging you with something, you'll get a notice in the mail in the next 30 days....

They then have us impound the vehicle since the station doesn't have any place to put your ride for the night and they can't just leave it in the toss pit, since another tosser may be in need of tossing later on....

Now, having never been investigated for a felony myself (that I know of ) I don't know what the normal course of action is when one gets hauled in and tossed by the cops.

The owner of this car decided to disappear for a week, it wasn't until yesterday he called us looking for his car.

We inform him that it's $130 for the tow, and 6 days of storage at $30 a day, you do the math on that because I'm a liberal arts major and resolutely refuse to crunch numbers for anyone who isn't Internal Revenue.

Done it yet?

Doesn't really matter what you got, because our tosser decides he deserves to get the car for free.

Heh, good one, but April was last month.... wait, you weren't joking?

[Sideshow Bob]Euuuughghghghghghghhhhhh....[/Sideshow Bob]

Yeah, in true COPS fashion, he says "his cousin" was driving the car and shooting at everyone else, twasn't him.

You know? The same cousin that features in every single episode ever of law enforcement documentaries? Who keeps storing his smack, meth, coke, firearms, human trafficking victims, plutonium and stolen works of art in someone else's pants? And they keep getting away scott-free while the person who "just was holdin on to it for a bit" for him goes to the clink? Yeah, THAT cousin....

Well, that's all nice and good, we tell him, but, until we get $ you don't get the car, your cousin doesn't get the car, in fact, without settling the bill first NOBODY is getting this car, except maybe Goober the scrap yard operator assuming the DOT hasn't confiscated his rollback truck for being the dictionary picture of "unsafe" yet...... (I think ONE of the marker lights still works, after every other pothole at least )

Tosser gets angry, aren't we listening? It wasn't him! We can't make him pay for his car, he dindu nuffin (tm)

YEah, whatever, come get it today, or come get in "N" days from now for "N + $35" more. Otherwise your car sits in the auto-gulag until the state withers away and real communism arrives, your choice.

He cusses a bit and terminates the phone call.

Several hours later, we see a guy loitering around the gate to the impound, making like he's counting when the trucks go in and out and thinking about running in.

Since they recently built a new towing department office back here, you can't do that without getting noticed by the guy sitting in the shipping container with the window cut in it that now sits besides said gate. (I said we got an office, didn't say it was a GOOD one)

We ask him what he's doing.

He spins the yarn of woe about how his cousin got his car impounded and he needs it and can't afford blah blah blah blah you get picture. It's tosser. In all his non-glory.

We tell him tough, pay or get lost. Just like we earlier discussed.

He circles the block and comes back and starts staking us out again.

We AGAIN ask him what's wrong. Because he's acting like he wants to get tossed again by the cops for loitering. Is that what he wants?

He says he needs to get the keys out of the car (they're still in it from when the car got tossed) because his house key is on there (or apartment or cardboard box or whatever, we just KNOW this isn't the case, he's hoping to be let in on a sympathy pretext and then hes' going to make a mad dash for his car and leave without paying....) so we tell him "fine" we'll let you do that, just fill out this "property retrieval" form first.

BTW: said form requires YOU to sign your name to it and for us to xerox your driver's license and attach it to said form, while under the eye of SIX cameras, two in the office, two in the yard, one at the gate and one at the sidewalk ..... cumulatively, a cover our ass move for what we think he's about to do...... he can't be THAT stupid, can he?

He goes out to his car, gets in, and being only two spots from the exit, starts it up and bolts before the gate can close on him....

[SideshowBob]Neughghghghhhhhhhhhh......[/SideshowBob]

*beep* *bloop* *beep*

Hello? Police? Remember Tosser? What's he done now, you say? Oh nothing, just theft of services..... why yes, we'd very much LIKE to press charges. Do you need his address? I have it right off his license.... oh, you still have it from when you tossed him last week? Nevermind then. Oh yes, we're sure it was him, got him on a half-dozen cameras doing it.... you'll pick him up? Great.

About an hour later we get a call, from a lady we've never heard from before. She says she's Tosser's landlady, and would like to know exactly what it was he did that just caused three Borough cops to show up at the apartment block and haul him off.... we inform her of his little illegal (not to mention poorly conceived) attempt at a discount earlier in the day.

She clucks her teeth and says "Too bad, now I'll have to evict him for violating that part in the lease about not breaking the law on my property" which is where Tosser fled to with the car, natch. "About time, nobody in the building likes him, I've been waiting for an excuse"

You don't say....

Next you'll be telling me that Arsenic ISN'T part of a healthy breakfast, Slobodan Milosevic wasn't a very nice guy and the Pittsburgh Pirates sure do a lot of losing.......

So, to cap it all off, Tosser not only got tossed for a misdemeanor charge of criminal mischief for brandishing a BB gun, he then ramped it up into a felony by stealing from us, and is now being tossed from his home too, and likely tossed in a cell where someone can toss his salad...

Why oh why do some people INSIST on playing the game of life on "hard", and then also purchasing the "Make it Worse" DLC? I have no idea.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Huzzah! I was jonesing for an Argapost. You did not disappoint, my good Sir...and neither did your dear sweet "customer."
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

A new Tow Files! (doing the Snoopy dance of joy)

I dearly hope this guy wasn't a student. If he is, he did someone with an IQ over room temp out of a spot they deserved more.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Not gonna lie. I laughed like a 12 year old boy at all the tossing jokes.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Thank you, Arga! I was having a bad day and desperately needed a laugh. I think I got about 12 out of that tale.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
            If he is, he did someone with an IQ over roomliquid helium temp out of a spot they deserved more.
            Fixed that for you.

BTW, an Airsoft is NOT a BB gun. It fires a 6 mm plastic pellet instead of a .177 inch lead pellet - less energy, so more practical for an indoor range. On the other hand, it's just as dangerous (to the user) if brandished in the presence of a cop, who has no reason to believe that it's anything other than a real gun.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Some people are just determined to go through the Game of Life and select "The Worst Option" at all points, aren't they?
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Every time I read tosser I heard it in my head like Basher Tarr in Oceans 11 was saying it.

This guy is proof, you pay stupid games you win stupid prizes.
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

"Dips#its and the Law"

This could be a "COPS" spin-off...
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

This was beautiful, simply beautiful. Warmed my cold, black heart.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                      "Dips#its and the Law"

This could be a "COPS" spin-off...
                      Yes, you can't have too many dumb criminal shows
                      Talk about epic fail....was this fool trying to get caught or what?!
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Yay! An Argabarga post!

Comment

I'd have posted a lot sooner except ... I can't remember my password (it's set on 'automatic' on my home computer). But yay! Another Tow Tales!

And this is quite the doozy. What an idiot!
                          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I love "stupid criminal" stories. WTF was he thinking...oh wait, that's right. He WASN'T.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                              Every time I read tosser I heard it in my head like Basher Tarr in Oceans 11 was saying it.

This guy is proof, you pay stupid games you win stupid prizes.
                              I love that movie
                              You Tossers!! You had ONE job to do!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X