X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    Yes, you can't have too many dumb criminal shows
    Considering there's no more World's Dumbest episodes being made, we need all the supplementary dumb criminal shows we can get.

That has to be it. Trying to get caught.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Brings to mind a question. If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you actually done?
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        Brings to mind a question. If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you actually done?
        Made the Tow Files.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Made the Tow Files.

You win the Internets!!!

Comment

I just can't help but wonder what Tosser thought was going to happen when he drove his car out.

Did he seriously think the towing company would just shrug 'Oh darn, one that got away, oh well we got plenty more' ?
            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

To paraphrase MoonCat ... you're assuming that "thinking" played a part in this at all.
              Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                If you try to fail, and succeed, what have you actually done?
                You've succeeded at failing. I think.

Calhoun Tubbs, blues guitarist: "I've been a success at being a failure for over 75 years!"

"Wrote a song 'bout it...wanna hear it? Here it goes..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfzDUpB88x4
                Last edited by mjr; 05-12-2017, 03:07 PM.
                Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                  Did he seriously think the towing company would just shrug 'Oh darn, one that got away, oh well we got plenty more' ?
                  You're assuming Tosser was thinking (or, come to think of it could think).
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Well, it may surprise no one, but, official word is Tosser may have a bit of a mental problem.

The genuine kind, not the made-up-on-Tumblr kind...

A few people who've heard the news by now have relayed to is that he is/was the kind of guy who'd walk into stores and talk to the employees all day, but never buy anything....

Eh, take it for what it's worth.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Interesting. We had a woman who used to do that a lot (now I think of it, I haven't seen her in a LONG time).

She usually did buy something -- a drink -- but would take absolutely forever to decide what to get, and wanting to "look at" (= sniff; we take the tins of tea down from the wall and 'waft' the scent towards the customer so they can get an idea of the smell. Most of our teas taste like they smell).

And then, after that, she'd want to stand there and tell you innumerable stories of her life/past week/past month/every incident she can remember from any point in her life.

I maintained a courteous demeanour, as did we all, but personally if I saw her coming, I'd dive in the back room and count bags of tea or something ...

But yes, there was little question that she had something -- mental problem, social issues, both ...
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                        "Dips#its and the Law"

This could be a "COPS" spin-off...

And the theme song could be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0sI6eFarFE
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

One of my all-time favourite songs.

Brings back memories of being a police-and-court reporter on that little weekly paper.
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I worked in a fabric store. A woman would come in and spend upwards of 40 minutes asking a staff member to take floral appliques out of the case so she could look at them more closely, but she never purchased any. Fast forward a few years, I was working in a department store, and she became known for buying a starter package of skin care items to get a complimentary bar of soap, then returning the items after promotion to make a profit. As the cashier from cosmetics finished this tale, someone else said, "That's nothing. You should see what she returns to the grocery store where my husband works." She returned everything that went bad before she ate it.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
                              *snip* As the cashier from cosmetics finished this tale, someone else said, "That's nothing. You should see what she returns to the grocery store where my husband works." She returned everything that went bad before she ate it.
                              And the store LET her do this??
                              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X