Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've NEVER seen THIS in baked bread! (nauseating!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've NEVER seen THIS in baked bread! (nauseating!)

We opened up some packaged baked French bread that we got from the local WM and, I shit you not!, three live baby cockroaches came scurrying out of the interior of it!

WTF!!!! And they were the German kind because I could tell from the markings on their back.

Needless to say I took it right to customer service and the 20-something clerk wasn't too sympathetic with me saying "Uhhhh.....I dont do cockroaches" and I was like "Yeah well they came out of there". Of course I got my $1.50 back.

Of course my home has begun to develop a German cockroach problem and the exterminator told me I probably brought them back from the store. When he last sprayed here two days ago I told him about the bread. To my shock, he said "Oh that happens a lot. The distributor that they get their bread from doesn't spray for roaches or anything".

WTF!!!!!

I thought ALL places that dealth with food preparation and storage were required by the health department to be treated for that kind of shit!

Oh gosh. That's ... UGH! They SHOULD be inspected. If you can find the name if the distributor, you might be able to report them.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

This makes me even more glad that I've started baking my own bread, rather than buying the bulk store bought stuff.

Comment

Call the health department!
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I second the motion - Call the health department! If their DISTRIBUTOR is more or less sending them disease-ridden pests, one can also assume the store might be infested

On that note, do all Wal-Marts share a distributor for bread, or was it just that BRAND?
          Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Was it generic store brand, and what state is this?
            I work at a Texas WM and would like to know how concerned i should be about this.

Comment

I've never seen any evidence of this at my job. But the girls in bakery bake the bread here.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'll second that . . . . call the health department.

When I was a kid, my mom bought a loaf of Wonderous Bread at the grocery store. When she pulled it out of the wrapper, there was a HUMUNGOUS roach on top of the loap (as wide, and nearly as long as a standard load of bread) . . . neatly sliced.

They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Heh makes me glad I don't even EAT bread anymore. Just cuz of nasty crap like that.
                  My Wajas cave

Comment

Quoth Project_Mars View Post
                    Was it generic store brand, and what state is this?
                    I work at a Texas WM and would like to know how concerned i should be about this.
                    This. Can we get a brand name so we know what not to buy? :P

Comment

Oh my fricking god I would never be able to eat bread again after that. I bought some kroger brand FMV brand bread one time and it had some black tar like stuff in it. I wasn't able to eat bread for a few months after that. I also bought some Kroger brand Big K dew drop pop and it wasnt even dew drop. It was their version of coke zero. And my hubby wonders why I tear my food apart and examine it before I eat each bite. Wait til I tell him your story.

Comment

I've never seen a real life cockroach before and I hope I never do.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          then stay in the frozen north - Texas may only get snow 1-2 days out of the year, but we get "Palmetto-bugs" out the wazoo in the summer - they normally stay in the garage or places like that, but sometimes they venture further in doors

when that happens - spray w/ Raid 'ti they "pop" and flip over - they're dead at that point (highlight to read)
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

There are cockroaches in Wisconsin, I researched it. Probably nowhere near as bad as down south or in more wet/humid year round areas, but cockroaches have spread so far, they can adapt to almost any climate, as long as they find somewhere warm to live.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              I have. At a Red Roof Inn in Kansas City.

That, and me coming down with something at Worlds of Fun, make my memories of that city not so pleasant.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X