This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV sighting

Taped and watching Blue Bloods. There's a teen girl murdered & laying in the dumpster outside a building where a debutantes' ball is going on. When the director lady is questioned about who the dead girl might be, her attitude is like, "How dare she die and ruin the most important event of the year!"
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

There was one on Better With You (ABC, Wed @ 8:30 EST). The parents were having a pizza delivered from a company that had a get it delivered within thirty minutes of ordering and it is free policy. They waited until the 30 minutes were up to answer the door- even though the delivery guy claimed he had been knocking for several minutes. They took the pizza, said it was free since they had to wait over 30 minutes for it, and pretty much slammed the door in the delivery guy's face.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
      There was one on Better With You (ABC, Wed @ 8:30 EST). The parents were having a pizza delivered from a company that had a get it delivered within thirty minutes of ordering and it is free policy. They waited until the 30 minutes were up to answer the door- even though the delivery guy claimed he had been knocking for several minutes. They took the pizza, said it was free since they had to wait over 30 minutes for it, and pretty much slammed the door in the delivery guy's face.
      WHY OH WHY do these shows STILL perpetuate that dead by almost 2 decades 30 minute or its free crap????? we at <pizza place not Dominos> still deal with that on a daily basis.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Because some places that don't give a shit about their drivers having to break road laws still offer that 'deal'?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Taped and watching Blue Bloods. There's a teen girl murdered & laying in the dumpster outside a building where a debutantes' ball is going on. When the director lady is questioned about who the dead girl might be, her attitude is like, "How dare she die and ruin the most important event of the year!"
          Saw that Friday night (but then I'm a devoted follower since the first episode . . . and I loooove Danny)

And yes, that 'tude I've encountered from customers on one or two occasions . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            WHY OH WHY do these shows STILL perpetuate that dead by almost 2 decades 30 minute or its free crap????? we at <pizza place not Dominos> still deal with that on a daily basis.
            Seriously.

I worked there in 1987 and it had already been stopped, or reduced to 3.00 off if over 30 mins, I think. At least in my area.

I swear, I hear more harping on it nowadays than I did back then.

Let it go, people.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
            X