X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three days later......

So,

I get this new job with the popular sandwich shop in town. I was so happy because that means I could quit my job at the convenient store. No more dealing with drunken assholes. No more working until 6 a.m.....No more horrible boss...I was so happy.

I started training three days ago. I got a phone call this evening telling me I just wasn't getting it and it wasn't going to work out.....Now I'm stuck at the store.....I'm so depressed....

I know I know it's just a stupid sandwich job...but for a broke college student barely scrapping by and going to school on top of working all night on weekends, it was the ideal job..

Quoth AmandaLaederich View Post
    So,

I get this new job with the popular sandwich shop in town. I was so happy because that means I could quit my job at the convenient store. No more dealing with drunken assholes. No more working until 6 a.m.....No more horrible boss...I was so happy.

I started training three days ago. I got a phone call this evening telling me I just wasn't getting it and it wasn't going to work out.....Now I'm stuck at the store.....I'm so depressed....

I know I know it's just a stupid sandwich job...but for a broke college student barely scrapping by and going to school on top of working all night on weekends, it was the ideal job..
    after only 3 days? man they don't give people much of a chance do they. Sorry about that.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

What did they mean by "you weren't getting it"?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        What did they mean by "you weren't getting it"?

I asked that and their reply was just, "you aren't fitting in." I memorized the whole damn menu to get this job too....

Comment

On the plus side, I got to put my nose ring back in! What? It's the small things in life right?

Comment

Where in the job description does it say, "Must fit in"?
            Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

I wonder if there was someone's relative that they wanted to give the job to, and they used that as an excuse to get you out of the way?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                I wonder if there was someone's relative that they wanted to give the job to, and they used that as an excuse to get you out of the way?
                Yes, I'm crying smelly fish on this one too.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth AmandaLaederich View Post
                  I asked that and their reply was just, "you aren't fitting in." I memorized the whole damn menu to get this job too....
                  Sounds more like "well, we have more trainees than openings, and since you aren't manager #1's relative, or manager #2's friend's child, or manager #3's guess as to who he could intimidate best, you're last choice & so don't get the job".

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    after only 3 days? man they don't give people much of a chance do they. Sorry about that.
                    That was my first thought too. Good grief, my current place gives newbies a 90-day probation period! Something definitely stinks here.

I'm sorry you're still stuck at the convenience store. I'll keep my fingers crossed that something better is waiting for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X