Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easiest bucks I've ever made - but still...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest bucks I've ever made - but still...

So I got a text this morning from one of the temp agencies I'm connected to:

"Hey Zel, there's a company that needs a receptionist ASAP for today only, wanna go?"
    Eager as I am to get out and do something, naturally I comply. Tell the agency "I'll be there within the next hour", I've been told by the agency that I'd have to take calls and eventually greet some visitors.

So I show up, ready to show my crazy receptionist skillz... and is told that incoming calls will be taken by a call center so I only have to greet visitors and sign for incoming packets/deliveries.

Today there were 4 guests and 3 freight deliveries, hence I basically spent almost 7 hours on my ass. Luckily one of the offices asked my assistance in preparing some convention material (read: stapling papers together), otherwise I'd gone mad or simply fall asleep while on the clock. Oh, and internet access was restricted so no Reddit for me.

Still, I got a pay of approx. 150 USD (before taxes) for that day, so that's ok... but if they call me in for tomorrow as well I'll request some more tasks. That company uses a ERP I just took a course about so fiddling with some data entry would be ok.
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Put some ebooks on your phone, perhaps?

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      Nah, even downloading the Bad Piggies game extended my phone RAM (or so it says) so I won't try that. Just gonna deposit it in my bank.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Comment

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
        Still, I got a pay of approx. 150 USD (before taxes)
        Is that 150 US dollars? 'Cause that comes out to a little over $21/hour, which is not the norm for that type of position here.

Quoth NorthernZel View Post
        Nah, even downloading the Bad Piggies game extended my phone RAM (or so it says) so I won't try that. Just gonna deposit it in my bank.
        Huh?
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          Is that 150 US dollars? 'Cause that comes out to a little over $21/hour, which is not the norm for that type of position here.

Huh?

Sorry, should have clarified.

I live in Denmark, where the pays are higher compared to the US (but then again the taxes are insanely high). The hourly pay I got IS a bit higher than the norm (145 DKK where the normal is 125-130 DKK) but I guess I got some sort of extra pay for getting called to work with no notice. Anyway, I'm not complaining (about the pay, at least)

About the RAM, I got it written wrong: I have thought of downloading ebooks to my smartphone, the problem is that my phone has a relatively small harddrive and low RAMs so it's not an option. I hope this is more claryfing.

Comment

You may want to triple-check that; ebook files are relatively small. You can fit a dozen ebooks in the same space as an average sized game.

What phone do you have? It might be expandable.

Comment

You may want to triple-check that; ebook files are relatively small. You can fit a dozen ebooks in the same space as an average sized game.

What phone do you have? It might be expandable.
              I thought of that, too. I've got 120 books on my nook and they're taking up just a little over 835MB.

I shudder to think how many I could put on my phone. But I don't like reading on my phone, the screen, while a good size for a smartphone, is too small for reading as fast as I do.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Yea, the eBook thing seems weird to me too. Pretty much any phone smart enough to read an eBook should have enough space for a few hundred. iPhones definitely do, and every Android I've seen has either an SD card slot or a few gig of flash memory built in. But whatever, bring a book along just in case, if you're not doing anything they may not care if you read (or it may prompt them to give you more work, which would be acceptable).

Comment

Working...
                X