Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi. Guess who had a heart attack on Thursday?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. Guess who had a heart attack on Thursday?

Fairly mild, they tell me, and I'm home now, but . . . Gonna have to make some changes in my life.

So how was everyone else's week?

Wow, that is SCARY. Glad to hear you are OK! Can I interest you in some green tea ... ?

Seriously, take good care of yourself!
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

As my cardiologist said, "Life style changes.".

Stay on top of it. Good luck.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm so sorry. I hope you're all right.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
          Fairly mild, they tell me, and I'm home now, but . . . Gonna have to make some changes in my life.

So how was everyone else's week?
          Unfortunately, that's also what I had to say last year when my wife had a very mild stroke. :P Hope you're doing well.
          "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

ohmygod that's icky! I hope you're feeling better now! Did they give you a plan or some sort of instructions to get you started on those changes?
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yikes! Best wishes, Morgana!

I hope that you get the best care you can, and make the needed changes your doctor advises.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

You can do it! It's hard to get into the swing of things when you first make changes, but you'll get used to it quickly enough.
                I've had 3 angiograms and multiple stents put in (genetics are a bitch) so I know firsthand how hard it seems. But as long as you get clear guidance from your MD, or hopefully a nutritionist, it will all work out ok!

Comment

Yup, got the pulmonologist and the cardiac rehab and the sleep study scheduled already. Nutritionist is the next thing . . .

Comment

Sleep studies... Fun times. The next day, soak your hair in conditioner (Suave is fine) for a good hour or so, and then use a flea comb to get the goo out of your hair without shredding it. Up side is your hair will rarely if ever have felt quite so soft after all that!

My sleep studies nurse scared the crap out of me! "You stop breathing 29 times AN HOUR!!! Come back next Sunday and we'll try the cpap and see how you do. You need to treat this, don't blow it off! Sent me home with papers to read. Jesus. I think I've worn it every night in the 2 years since then, unless we had no power or I was sick.

Plus side is I sleep better, I dream again, although falling asleep wearing the damned thing is hard.

Comment

Get well soon Morgana.

Comment

You take care of yourself now Morgana, and stay safe.
                        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                        X