X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please ... settle this before you come in

Not so much sucky as exasperating.

First two customers today: each was a pair, and in each case one said "I am paying for both of us!"

C2: "No! I'm paying my own!"

Cue friendly squabbling for a few seconds, and then in each case C1 turned to me and said "Don't let her pay!" (In the first case, C1 had to go to the loo; can't remember what was going on in the second case. In both cases, both customers were women.)

Look, people, I do think it's nice that one wants to treat and the other insists on paying their own way but ... don't put the cashier in the middle. I have to take somebody's money. Flip a coin or something before you get to the till, 'mkay?
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

But, but, but...don't you see how cute they are being and how they really truly are best friends forever?

Comment

In these cases I just say, "I will take whatever payment hits my hand first." and stick with it. Actually had people get legit mad at me because of it, but I don't have time for this shit.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Ugh! I hate when people do that! I don't care who pays, I'm here for my whole shift. You deal with the 10 people in line behind you who also don't care who pays and just wants you out of the store.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Hand them each a butter knife and tell them the winner of the duel gets to pay.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Clearly they should have settled it by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

"If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Don't let her pay? Really? This should not be your problem. I'd be in trouble. I'd probably in a tired voice say "Someone just give me money."

Comment

My friends and I did this to a cashier once, although we were going for the obvious joke. My friend, "Jake", had work shirts with his name on the front. I had no clean shirts at the time, so he gave me a work shirt to wear. He was wearing one as well. 2 more friends show up, see us both wearing Jake shirts, and ask for shirts of their own. So now you have 4 guys all apparently named Jake rolling together. We get to the buffet place and the cashier ask "4 buffets?" Jake says " Just 2. I'm paying for Jake. Jake is getting Jake." Another friend responds " Hell with that! I paid for Jake last time! This time I'm paying for Jake!"

That poor girl was sooo confused. She did get a big tip for being a good sport about it.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                  Clearly they should have settled it by playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Only a real Sheldon is allowed to say that!!! :-P
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

It's a Canadian standoff!

Comment

A friend of mine went out for pizza a while back and, when I wasn't paying attention, she started the process of paying for both of us. When I realized, I have her crap for it, but in now way made it the cashier's problem (nor slowed down the process any).

Comment

Working...
                      X