This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the Character Assassination

So I got a call about...well, I don't remember the initial reason. But I checked on some balances and some things came up that ticked her off.

1.) We hold funds in a savings-like account for a certain usage that I can't explain* because it would reveal where I work. Anyway, it's one of those that will incur a dormancy fee. Our credit line does this also and I think one of my personal accounts has it, too, IIRC. I don't know how common it is, but it happens. Her charge was nearly $200. Now I get why that's upsetting, but had she read the terms and conditions she would've known. They never do read any of it. That was the point at which she started calling the company "unethical" and wherein I had an issue. But I digress.

2.) She had a former contract and now there's a renewal in place. Let me explain that the hungry sales department sends out offers often a year ahead of the end of the current contract so people sign them reallly early and then get mad because they don't remember doing so and the renewal didn't commence right away, so they're stuck for 3 to 4 more years. Now I'm not saying this happened in her case and I did not say that to her. It's not outside the realm of possibility that it was entered in error. Things happen.

So here's where I have problems: you can express your negative opinion about the company and I can absorb that. I usually don't get flustered over that at this job. However, do not attack me. She didn't remember signing the renewal contract and that's valid. I even said, when I sent a copy to her, that it sounded like it may be there in error because she didn't recognize it. I was giving her the benefit of the doubt but when she asked if someone at my company signed for her of course I said no. I didn't say it, but when we have an e-signature we can trace it to the customer's IP address so one would be a fool to falsely sign in order to pad sales. Can you say termination? Immediately she challenged my subtext. On a one-word answer. She turned my simple "no" into "so you're telling me I'm unethical?" It didn't even make sense and my response was "I did not say that."

I completely resent the insinuation that I would call her a liar. I also resent her implication that I would lie about contract signings. I'm the person who quit a job on the first day because I refused to falsify statements. How ignorant is she? I have her web address, business name, email, phone number, fb page, and physical address at my fingertips. If I wanted to publish that right now I could. But I won't. She has no idea how grateful she should be that she got me.

At any rate, if she did sign--which I'm 80% sure of--then retention can deal with her. She's not gonna be happy that she has to pay 3 more years on that lease to get out of it.

*If you really, really wanna know you can PM me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably
Working...
X