Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I see you've decided to step out. Oh, did you not like my singing? I apologize; I have allergies. Or perhaps you're not an Ella F. fan? Well, I can enjoy her in peace now.
    I once had a similar problem. An upstairs neighbor played her stereo very loud. When I asked her to turn it down she said it helped her baby sleep. So I put on some down home county music and turned it up loud. She didn't like that.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I had a similar issue with a neighbor in college. The walls transmitted low-frequency sound quite well. My answer? Taiko album and borrowing a friend's gaming speakers for a few days. I lived at the end of the hall, so only the neighbor in question got the effects. That war did not last long at all, and apparently I wasn't the only one she annoyed with her music (RA asked me what I did to make her knock it off).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Now she's slamming the door going in and out in and out at 11:39 pm, unless it's the people downstairs. *sigh*
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I found "Bitches Brew" to be a good area effect weapon...

... an area of Miles and Miles ...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Thanks for the wakeup call. I really loved the boomboomboom...boomboomboom...boomboomboom...boomb oomboom... I seriously thought it was construction. What is so scary in your head that you feel the need to drown it out?

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
              What is so scary in your head that you feel the need to drown it out?
              That's when you offer the suggestion of telling the voices to shut up

But seriously, I haven't had to deal with my neighbor's noise for several months now. By that I mean the drumming. I could always tell when their mother wasn't home. As soon as her silver SUV pulled out, I'd be subjected to the same rhythm for hours on end. I like music as much as the next guy, but give me a break. That went on all summer long. I have no idea what changed, but I'm sure the people on the other side complained or possibly retaliated.

At least one of my mom's neighbors went quiet in a pretty dramatic fashion. That is, he blew up his motorcycle's engine while "working on it." Mom and I were out on her patio enjoying some wine, when he fired that thing up, and started red-lining it. I can understand blipping the throttle to clear its throat, and then letting it idle a bit. But, I don't get revving it to the point of self-destruction before the inevitable happens. Several minutes of hearing that thing scream...until it blew up. Vroom, vroom, vroom...*Bang* "holy shit!" and then silence. Beautiful silence
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Now it sounds like Sombrero polka. That has it's place and it's not 9:15 on a Sunday morning. Why is it that every single person who lives in that unit--and I've seen many--insists on having the sound system in the dining room? If it were in the living room it would be better. They are on the end; they're living room borders nothing and beyond where the stereo would be is their living room, then the stairway, then most of my living room as a buffer. But no, they have to have a disco instead of a dining room.

Comment

• That's it. I just wrote a long letter to the manager stating I was doing so because I didn't want to call the police with a noise complaint. But I may have to. It is now 10:42 pm. I can hear it all the way across my apartment in my bedroom. I put up with it Saturday morning and this afternoon. There is no peace on weekends. This is not right. I may not be home a lot, but I pay rent to be able to have some peace when I'm at home. I really, really do not want to be that lady but I would like to watch a movie in my own living room rather than being relegated to my bedroom with a laptop. Why do I own a TV if I don't get to use it because I can't hear it??

Comment

• I could care less than you're roaming the neighborhood at all hours collecting returnable cans...well, until the unrinsed cans cluttering up your apartment (I once saw them bring 10 garbage bags full out the front door) start inviting vermin into the building. But do you have to sort them loudly under my window? At 2 AM?! One more time and I'm calling management.

Comment

• That's gross! My downstairs neighbor has taken to leaving garbage bags and grocery bags of who-knows-what on the sidewalk outside the door we share to get into the basement laundry room. It's super gross, even not knowing what's inside them. With the recent snow, I've had to shovel around them. I'm scared what would spill out if I caught the shovel on one of those bags!
                      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                      -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Mom's now concerned that whoever-they-are (I know what building they live in and have narrowed it down to two apartments) is rummaging through the recycle bins before the bins go out to the curb; we take all our sensitive paper trash to Bent Staple for shredding, but a lot of tenants don't... If they're picking cans out of all the other flotsam here what else are they pawing through?

Comment

• This is why DH and I own an office-grade shredder.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                            This is why DH and I own an office-grade shredder.
                            I do own a shredder BUT now once a summer I have a stuff-that-needs-to-be-shredded bon-fire. I went to the second had store and bought a nice bin type (maybe a magazine holder) box with a lid and I put all of my shred stuff in there for storage the have a bonfire.
                            Last edited by Racket_Man; 11-15-2017, 07:26 AM.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                              This is why DH and I own an office-grade shredder.
                              That's why I take all of my old bills and other sensitive things to the office. I'm not about to get a shredder, when I can use the office one for free
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• No one needs to hear your boomboomboom car stereo at 12:30 am on a Sunday night. Those of us who have jobs and have to pay rent have to work in the morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X