Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He shakes her hand. He really didn't see any sense in giving her the run around, though she might think he is crazy. "Names Noah, and I am a hunter. Creatures such as vampires, Wendigo, and shapeshifters. This seemed right up my alley, but I will be honest.* He scratches his head. "Most things I hunt are not interested in shiny things..more like blood, bones, and the like."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

She holds his hand a moment longer looking at him rather blatantly, then gives herself a small shake and quirks an eyebrow at him.

"I believe you, you could say I'm sort of in the same line of work....I track down the strange and unusual.....some might even call it supernatural. What do you say to working together on this if its something I handle, you let me handle it, and I don't arrest you for impersonating a federal officer?"
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

He laughs "You should talk. Hey, it's no skin off my teeth. I have no problem hanging back. If something takes YOU out, I can always step in and handle it."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"I have been an active member of the United States Secret Service since John F Kennedy was in office."

((Sam doesn't look a day over 25)).

"I will want to introduce you to my partner as well. I will warn you....hes a conspiracy nut, and a bit twitchy. So where are you really from? I'll back you as saying your at least from my office to the "normals", but I will not lie to Josiah."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"I can honestly say, all over. Hunters don't really set down roots. We go where the creatures are." He doesn't bat an eye when she says she is much older then she looks. "Originally I was from WV, but haven't been there since 12 years old."

Comment

"Born and raised in Kansas, and moved to the Dakotas up in the Black hills after I got married....enough about me though. I'm starving, lets discuss this over lunch, let me just make a quick phone call."

She starts walking towards the car, pulling out her phone, dialing Josiah, upon answering "Hey, had a slight hiccup, comparing notes over lunch, want me to pick you up?"

Comment

Josiah looked out and spotted a seafood dive... eight doors down from the first sighting... how da frell did I miss that?!
                "No, meet me at Howie's Crabpot; it's eight doors toward town from the first sighting. And you should stop by this comic store, right up your alley. Lots and lots of old Star Trek stuff."

Walking into Howie's Crabpot, he noted it reminded him WAY too much of the Orca interior set from JAWS. Ooooo-kaaaaaay, ker-ee-pee.
                Josiah got a corner table and settled in, his front to the room. The last time he'd had his back to a room, he'd gotten hit over the head from behind with Teddy Roosevelt's hiking stick and held hostage. He ordered a beer and a surf'n'turf. His food arrived, just as Sam walked in.

Comment

Sam walks in closely followed by a middle aged man, her eyes briefly scanning the room locking eyes with Josiah, then walks over. The man following behind her.

"Josiah this....is someone that is going to help the government. Hes clean..."

She catches the eye of the waitress and takes a menu, looking over it and ordering a pail of food, and a beer then gestures to Noah to order as well.

Comment

Josiah gives the as-yet-unintroduced man his best "Dirty Harry glare", then asks Sam an odd question.
                    "Anything in here remind you of something, Sam?"
                    Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 08-24-2013, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Noah orders a little bit, eyeing the place wearily. Never trust anybody or anything, that is his motto.

Comment

Sam looks around the nods at Josiah, "yeah...don't remind me....its over by the window." she gestures with her beer bottle at a set of scuba gear tacked up against the wall.

"Josiah, this talkative one is called Noah, we...ran into each other at the case. He thinks we might be after the same thing..."

Comment

Josiah nods, remembering "THAT Case" and turns to Noah. When Josiah spoke, it was with a slightly softened Tennessee accent.
                          "Special Agent Josiah Webley, Secret Service: Special Investigations. Sam, whom you have already met, is my partner. So why's a guy like you chasing a government case?"

Comment

Noah measures Josiah. "Well no offense to you government types, but generally the government types have their heads so far up their rears they can see what passes for their hearts. Learned early not to rely on the government to hunt down the weird things. Most of them I have met are, to put it bluntly, idjits. So, me and my .. associates hunt them down."
                            Last edited by Mytical; 08-24-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Josiah stretched, letting his non-government issue 1911 peek just a hair. Smiling, he said, "I'm not your typical G-man, nor is Sam. As I said, we're Special Investigations. Sam here doesn't like saying that as she had a former associate in the FBI who was... a bit too far afield. Poor guy believed aliens exist; no one knew he had a brain tumor, nor did they know he had an aneurism in the base of his spine waiting to blow."

Josiah sighed, remembering Federal Agent F. Mulder. Poor guy had carried a piece of the Roswell crash in his pocket until the day he'd died of the aneurism. Josiah had caught the case... too late. "Officially", Mulder had suffered an inoperable benign tumor and died of the resultant aneurism. The Warehouse knew it had been the piece of the destroyed SR-71's Pratt & Whitney J58-P4 engine, however.

Comment

Noah chuckles "I've seen some weird things. Wendigo, Vampires, Shapeshifters..no aliens though. At least not yet. Never know though, everybody swears vampires don't exist. I could introduce them to a few, but that wouldn't be the best move."

Comment

Working...
                                X