X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that escalated quickly...

Visit to Ear Nose & Throat doc due to some hearing loss on one side:

First person to look: oh yeah it's pretty well blocked (note: My primary doc who barely glanced inside didn't think it was yeah thanks doc).

Go to other room to get it flushed out. THIS TOOK AGES. Very uncomfortable.

Audiologist: Nope, sorry, having problems with the hearing test. Let the doc look.

Doc: Oh yes still a little blockage we'll use suction (previous person had already done this which started to make me dizzy oh joy )

Doc: Proceeds to deal with minor blockage. (more dizziness, thank gods it went away).

Doc: Oh yes the ear drum definitely does not look normal.

Me:

Doc: Proceeds with additional poking, prodding, gauze, various metal implements which I did my best not to see clearly.

Doc: Hands off a snippet of tissue (!!) to assistant for a BIOPSY as apparently there was a cyst of some kind.

Me:

Audiologist: Gives hearing test which by the way came out WAY BETTER than the doc thought it would.

Doc: Proceeds with antibiotic scrip in oral form & ear drops, brochure about chronic ear disease with a name I can't spell or pronounce.

Me: Must see doc again in 6 weeks. Must wait to hear about biopsy. Must make sure not to get any water in that ear for 6 weeks.

Me: Needs wine, chocolate and very good coffee NAO PLZTHNX
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

*hands cat some fine Kona coffee*
    ...Sorry, don't have chocolate on hand, and the wine here is, um, not suitable...

I just had my ears hosed out today. I was worried I had an ear infection, but it seems to be merely clogged sinuses and ear wax.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Yay Kona coffee!!!

Update: No thanks I am NOT using Cipro. Holy shit the side effects of this stuff lead me to ask why does it even exist?? And that's just the oral stuff!

The ear drops alone would cost me $50. DO NOT WANT.

Calling him back tomorrow. I want something else.

Comment

Wow. I've never had to pay that much for antibiotics.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          brochure about chronic ear disease with a name I can't spell or pronounce.
          Menier's? My mom has it and had really bad vertigo when I was younger. Then all of a sudden it stopped and hasn't really been much of an issue since.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

>o< Here's some chocolate for you!
            Hopefully it turns out all well for you! Crossing fingers, toes and eyes.
            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
              Menier's? My mom has it and had really bad vertigo when I was younger. Then all of a sudden it stopped and hasn't really been much of an issue since.
              I was tested for that years ago and they said at the time that I didn't have that.

This doc said well, there are other things...How encouraging - NOT.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Wow. I've never had to pay that much for antibiotics.
                I haven't either. It's only going to get worse, though. God knows what the hell my health insurance will look like in a couple of years, considering the shit my employer's trying to pull.

Comment

I have eczema in my ears, for which I have fabulously expensive drops that come in a 10 ml bottle, which at the wrong time of the year, costs me $106.!!!! Last year I had enough done to my face and hands that I met my deductible around mid-September, and all my meds became $0, at which I renewed everything I could think of that the system would let me renew, to take advantage...

I was a LOT cheaper when I was in my 20's!

Comment

Ugh, I am now on drugs. Clarithrocycline? Too lazy to look it up. Plus ear drops which are actually eye drops but he prescribes them for ears all the time. Whatever.

Weirdly, the original Cipro pills were really cheap even tho the ear drop version wasn't.

Now, the new pills are more than Cipro but the ear drops are way cheaper!

Doncha love the weird world of pharmaceuticals...

Me neither.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Yay Kona coffee!!!

Update: No thanks I am NOT using Cipro. Holy shit the side effects of this stuff lead me to ask why does it even exist?? And that's just the oral stuff!

The ear drops alone would cost me $50. DO NOT WANT.

Calling him back tomorrow. I want something else.
                      Cipro is evil. I had it once, i forget for what, and i can't even recall to describe what it did, but it made me feel odd, but in a way i coudn't even describe. i just felt really really not myself at all.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Ugh, I am now on drugs. Clarithrocycline?
                        Just a reminder - one of the side effects of the tetracycline family is that they reduce the effectiveness of hormonal birth control.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Just a reminder - one of the side effects of the tetracycline family is that they reduce the effectiveness of hormonal birth control.
                          I appreciate the warning, but not only am I well past that point, I'm not with anybody. Interesting fact, though, I never heard that. In fact I didn't see it on the list of side effects online.

Comment

Working...
                          X