X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It finally happened...

...do I get a prize?

So there I was in the salads & related dressings section of the supermarket, muttering (we old folks do that) and pondering whether to get the bleu cheese dressing/dip in a bottle or a jar, and as I chose one of the two and turned to put it in my little cart, a woman came up and said "Do you know where the [some brand name I don't know] are?"

I said, no I don't.

Woman says, "Oh I thought you were working..."

Yes, because the store employees ALWAYS wear down coats, a heavy scarf and boots, accessorized with a cloth totebag and a leather purse with earmuffs hanging off the strap....Yeah, I know, confusing isn't it? How dare they?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

I haven't had that happen to me. The closest was when a short little old lady said, "I know you don't work here, but could get that box off the top shelf for me?" And I did.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Yes, because the store employees ALWAYS wear down coats, a heavy scarf and boots, accessorized with a cloth totebag and a leather purse with earmuffs hanging off the strap....Yeah, I know, confusing isn't it? How dare they?
      Apparently this is the "dressed for work" look in this person's mind ... ?

My retail job includes wearing an apron with the company name on it. See me running into Big Box Bookstore. See BBB customer come up to me and go "Excuse me? Could you tell me where the card section is?"

I actually tried ('cause I do know the layout of that store pretty well ...) but my mind went totally blank. Went and got a real BBB employee to direct the customer instead.

And no, BBB employees do NOT wear aprons.
      Last edited by Pixelated; 02-12-2017, 12:12 AM.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        So there I was in the salads & related dressings section of the supermarket, muttering and pondering whether to get the bleu cheese dressing/dip in a bottle or a jar
        This sounds like it could have been in "The Streak".
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Helped a customer at OfficeSam, pretty nice couple, in general, answered all their questions, probably spent 20 - 25 mins with them. After I was done with them, went on my lunch. Took my OfficeSam Red Apron (which had my name tag) off, then walked over to 'Bullseye' across the parking lot. Had been there about 10 mins, was looking at something, when the same customer, from OfficeSam, walked up to me, and asked me if I could help them. I must've had a funny look on my face, because after they asked, they paused and looked closely at me for a second and said "Wait, you look familiar to me.....oh crap, you helped me at officesam!" I smiled back, nodded and said 'well, yes, I did help you over there', and they responded by laughing and apologizing to me and then said 'yeah, you probably couldn't help us here, No worries, we will go look for someone who actually works here.'
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            This sounds like it could have been in "The Streak".
            No such luck
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X