This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS burp, plus reminder

Been off for a few days, and when I tried to on I got a "not found" while my browser was on the "Looking up www.customerssuck.com" stage (also affected Fratching). Rebooted, and while it was booting tried the site on my smartphone (different ISP - got to front page). Back to my PC, and (obviously it worked this time). Just wanted to let you guys know that there may be a DNS burp out there.

Before I rebooted, I did a "whois", and saw something that needed admin attention. When my domain gets as close to expiring as this one is, I would have already got a few e-mails from my domain registry reminding me to renew. Wouldn't want to lose access to the site due to the domain expiring - something that may have slipped through the cracks when the MauveManMuncher took over.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

When my domain gets as close to expiring as this one is, I would have already got a few e-mails from my domain registry
    Surprisingly, I haven't gotten a single email, but thank you for the heads up. I've now got them taken care of through 2020

I'm not sure what the DNS hiccup could have been. I long ago gave up on running my own DNS server and instead just use the registrar's.
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Doesn't the Mauve Man Muncher sound like something you'd purchase from a *adult novelty* store??
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Looks like the glitch turned out to be good luck - probably an issue at my ISP. Reason for the "whois" was that if the glitch turned out to be persistent I wanted to be able to ask someone what was going on, as an alternate contact to one of the mods who is also on Reddit.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X