This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Customer from GLAD

Since this customer isn't actually sucky, I put this in Sightings...

There's this woman who has started shopping in my store...who buys white plastic garbage bags so she can wrap them around her legs and over her feet. I'd consider her some weird-assed germophobe, but she doesn't wear one of those surgical masks or anything else, just the garbage bags. SO weird. She seems pleasant and normal enough in all other respects, but it's hard not to stare.

Does she do this IN the store or does she come into the store like this?
    Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

It took me a few minutes on that title... Anyway, it's not any weirder than the fact that someone is going into the retail job and putting what looks like cheese dip on the SCO scanners. I think every store has that one customer.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        There's this woman who has started shopping in my store...who buys white plastic garbage bags so she can wrap them around her legs and over her feet. I'd consider her some weird-assed germophobe, but she doesn't wear one of those surgical masks or anything else, just the garbage bags.
        Does she do this over her shoes, or put shoes on over the bags? Over or under other clothing? Not that it makes any real difference, it just... occurred to me to wonder.
        Last edited by protege; 08-31-2017, 06:53 PM. Reason: Trimmed the quoted part a bit :)
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth apocolypse101 View Post
          Does she do this IN the store or does she come into the store like this?
          The first time I noticed her, she was taking the bags out of the box and placing them over her legs. The second time she might have done that, but I just didn't see her until after she had.

Quoth Kittish View Post
          Does she do this over her shoes, or put shoes on over the bags? Over or under other clothing? Not that it makes any real difference, it just... occurred to me to wonder.
          Over her shoes.

Strange...

Comment

Either she is protecting her legs from those dreaded germs with magical plastic bags, or she's using them to steal.

However...if she is in the store to buy depends...she might just be very considerate.

Comment

Waiting for the story where she slipped and fell then sued the store for negligence.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

hmmm.
                We used to have a lady in town who dressed in all white, head to toe. You'd see her around a certain part of town, on the bus, walking by, etc. Eventually somebody at the paper spoke to her, and got her story, which was: She is "allergic to color."

Harmless older lady, just...a bit odd.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I sure hope the all white lady never learns that white is actually all of the colors and black is the absence of all colors....

Comment

Depends on if you mean physical objects or rays of light What you said is true of light; the opposite is the case for objects.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ah, yes--the old conflict of additive versus subtractive colors. One is about the wavelengths of emitted light, the other is about the wavelengths that are absorbed by things versus those that are reflected by them.

Odd trivia: Shine only green light on a plant and it will die. Why? Because its leaves actually absorb other wavelengths than green, and bounce green light back to us. That's why it looks green, because it is using the other wavelengths.
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        hmmm.
                        We used to have a lady in town who dressed in all white, head to toe. You'd see her around a certain part of town, on the bus, walking by, etc. Eventually somebody at the paper spoke to her, and got her story, which was: She is "allergic to color."

Harmless older lady, just...a bit odd.
                        Actually, I can kind of understand that. I can only wear white cotton socks, because anything with color in it makes my feet smell like old cheese. I think it's something in the dye. Fortunately, I don't have that problem with the rest of my clothing.

Comment

No your problem may be the attention you're getting because you're only wearing cotton socks
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth ladyjaneinmd View Post
                            Actually, I can kind of understand that. I can only wear white cotton socks, because anything with color in it makes my feet smell like old cheese. I think it's something in the dye. Fortunately, I don't have that problem with the rest of my clothing.
                            Yeah, the dye might be causing a reaction, but! Interesting tidbit: The same bacteria that gives limberger cheese its, ahem, "aroma" is also found on feet. So, take that as you will. (we all have that bacteria, btw).
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                            X