Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wore transition lenses back in my teens, but since then, I've had to move on to plastic lenses due to my particular imbalance of correction needed, and as far as I know, they don't make transition lenses in plastic.

Comment

Transitions are, in my experience, comparatively thin/light plastic (I wanna say it's a "sandwich" of three layers). They're just a specific (read: overpriced) *kind* of plastic
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Transistions

Firendly neiborhood Optometry Gal here -

Transitions are wonderful, and ALL of my glasses had them for years. The problem with transitions is that they don't actually replace true sunglasses. They're best used as a supplemental. For instance - notice they don't go quite as dark in your car? That's because your windshield has a certain amount of UV protection built into it, and that's actually what transition lenses react to - the UV - not the sunlight itself. They also don't block quite enough blue light to be effective as true sunglasses. It's always good to have an actual pair for those situations where the transitions aren't good enough. High UV days, driving, foggy weather, etc.

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
          Unfortunately, I need to wear my sunglasses in most supermarkets to reduce sensory overload. Ditto for my local hospital (they have those nasty fluorescents).
          I used to have a couple of customers whom I could tell were doing the same thing. They were regulars for years and had the sunnies on every single trip to the store so that's how I figured it out. It's a little unnerving, but of course I understood.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

ML -- Thanks! Something to keep in mind next time I need new specs (I'm off-the-scale nearsighted/a High Index lens user, so I can't just grab one off the rack at a drugstore)
            Last edited by EricKei; 10-23-2017, 05:23 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X