Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do those who apologize never need to?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do those who apologize never need to?

I work in a deli. A customer came up wanting turkey sliced thinly. I slice a piece and show it she says "thinner." I slice another and show her and she says "thinner. I'm sorry I'm so particular about the thickness I need." I respond "no problem" but am wondering why she is apologizing. I'm doing my job, if you want a specific thickness, wait until you get the right thickness; you don't need to settle. Yet those customers who should apologize never do...
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking personally, I'll say sorry when it's not necessary due to a: reassuring the worker it's okay for them to have made a mistake, as so many get chewed out for lacking telepathic powers, b: not wanting to set the worker off because some of them do believe they have telepathic powers and that they know what you want better than you do yourself, and c: past abuse (professional and personal) in my own life. Some combination of those is usually the cause for others, too.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'm sorry. I'm Canadian. I apologize for everything.

Seriously though, I do tend to apologize for things that I think may be annoying somebody I'm asking to do something for me. Such is life, right?

Comment

Working...
      X