X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting turnaround

Update on this post ...

The woman they hired instead of me decided she didn't want the job. So I got both an email and a phone message from one of the lawyers who interviewed me: "Are you still interested???"

I start Monday. I didn't post this in the bragging thread only because at the moment it's just a two-month trial. if I work out, there's a very good chance I'll have a permanent job.

I've also received an invitation to an interview for a writing job. It's not "journalism" in the actual sense of the word; I'd be writing basically advertorials. I had to scramble to find a day and time when I wasn't working at either of my other two jobs. Then I discovered that, despite my efforts, I'd double-booked myself anyway. Now I've got to figure out how to fix that.

I'm also still waiting to hear from the job I tested for last week. We were supposed to hear from them on Friday but nothing turned up in my email box. I'll give it another day or two before I assume I didn't make the cut (not sure why, though, because I know I did well on the spelling/grammar/sentence structure tests. Had a bit of trouble with the typing test because by then I was really nervous, LOL.)

So for the next 60 days I'll be juggling two jobs, trying to get my stuff out of the house, looking for an apartment, trying to dispose of as much of Mom's stuff as possible (made far more difficult -- for the furniture at least -- because she and our dad were HEAVY smokers), and ... I dunno, I'm sure there's more but I can't remember it at the moment.

I'm booked to go visit brother over Christmas, but I'm seriously thinking of pleading "No can do" on the grounds that the law office job contract ends Dec. 22 and I was supposed to fly out on Dec. 20. I'm thinking by that time I'll be just as happy to fall into bed and not get up until Boxing Day.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

That is an interesting turn of events.

Good luck!
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Thanks. It has been so long since I've had a full-time permanent position, I can't begin to imagine it, LOL. I am going to work my butt off and hope for the best.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X