Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know whether tea is bad for cats??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    Not all humans. A whole lot of 'em can't deal with lactose either. I pity those who cannot eat ice cream....
    I had a friend who was lactose intolerant. She loved ice cream, and carried little pills so she could eat it.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

My cat Fizzgig will eat almost any human food. He used to get into the garbage to eat raisins, grapes and grape stems, until I found out they were bad for cats and became more careful about hiding the garbage. He gets in my face whenever I have hot chocolate (I presume because of the dairy), but not when I have coffee or tea. I try to avoid him having any caffeine or chocolate. He will get into bread and pastries if I leave them out where he can get at them. And he'll eat almost any vegetables he can get at. He loves to eat mushrooms, but they don't agree with him - he almost always hurks them up within a few minutes, so I try to keep him away from them, too.

The weirdest thing, though, is that he likes almond milk. I'll let him have a teaspoonful after I finish my cereal in the morning. (I haven't seen anything suggesting that almonds are bad for cats.) Same with oatmeal, though I give him just a nibble of that.

This is the polar opposite of my other cat. She'll even turn her nose up at bacon if it isn't up to snuff.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
        My cat Fizzgig ... will get into bread and pastries if I leave them out where he can get at them.
        Many years ago, I was attempting to enjoy a hot cross bun. One of my cats at that time decided he should have a few nibbles (or more likely the whole thing). I kept trying to move it out of his reach, with the end result that I was holding it over my head ... and he was climbing onto my head to get at it.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I had a cat that went absolutely bonzo over dried apple slices and pop tarts. He also liked orange juice, tomatoes, and lettuce. He wasn't fond of pickles, though. I watched this cat, one time, figure out how to open a single serve pop top can of peaches (not very far, mind you, but he cracked the top enough to let the juice spill out). And then drink the juice. He had plenty of fresh water available.

The weirdest bit is that if I offered him, say, a bit of hamburger (meat, bun and veggies), he'd eat the veggies and bun, but turn his nose up at the meat.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Cooked fish with a few slices of lemon once, one slice of lemon fell on the floor where my dog Llugh snapped it up. He chewed on it for a few chomps, spit it out, looked at it then mouthed it and chewed on it again. Did this until the lemon slice was all gone, then looked at us humans like he was thinking we were nuts =)
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
              My cat Fizzgig will eat almost any human food.
              A cat named Fizzgig? Someone is a fan of The Dark Crystal.

Does your cat look like the original Fizzgig?

Comment

Amusing factoid of the week: Cats have no taste receptors for sugar.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  A cat named Fizzgig? Someone is a fan of The Dark Crystal.

Does your cat look like the original Fizzgig?
                  Yep, that's where I got the name. When he was a kitten, he was all teeth and fur, so it seemed to fit. He's still all fur, but he doesn't show his teeth as much.
                  "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                  -Mira Furlan

Comment

I have one that will eat anything. Baxter just *loves* food, and will do what he has to in order to get it. At least he's learned his lesson after getting into the refried beans Not so with his "cookie adventure" some years ago. He somehow got into a plastic box of chocolate chip cookies, ate 4-5 of them, and then proceeded to "redecorate" the carpets in several rooms. Luckily, no damage was done, but still. Cat barf is one truly nasty substance. Similar deal with Oreos. If he can get them, he'll pull them apart, and eat the cream center. As if that wasn't enough, he's been caught taking pierogies out of the pot and eating the cheese in them. Oddly though, he doesn't seem to like milk. Go figure
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Baxter is obviously the poster cat for 'cat burglar'!

Oddly, I had originally named my orange cat Fizzgig ... although I've never seen The Dark Crystal. He's now known as The Fuzzy Pumpkin. (Although less fuzzy than before; all the fur is gone from his tummy. No idea why.)
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        Oddly, I had originally named my orange cat Fizzgig ... although I've never seen The Dark Crystal. He's now known as The Fuzzy Pumpkin. (Although less fuzzy than before; all the fur is gone from his tummy. No idea why.)
                        Maybe you have been rubbing his tummy too much?

Comment

He would probably say he's not getting enough tummy rubs.
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                          X