This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some IT people are a waste of oxygen

I have a new co-worker. He needs access to a system. I, being a fairly decent pair of pants, file an IT ticket to get him access.

The most recent comment, from IT, on the ticket:
    "Have you filed a ticket about this yet?"

I am exceedingly proud of my response. It was simply, "Gee, I thought *this* was the ticket for that!"

I am proud that I did not figure out how to reach through the screen and slap the face off of the idiot on the other end.

I am overweeningly proud that I refrained from asking him "So are you deliberately being obstructionist here, or are you actually THAT STUPID?"

Said response came from IT at about 3 AM this morning, so I suspect it originated overseas. I responded at about 10 AM, and have yet to hear anything back.

I'm desperately hoping that it was just a case of not-enough-coffee.....
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

UPDATE:

28 hours later, the same IT person responded with "You need to open a ticket. I am closing this ticket."

I s**t you not.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.

Comment

Wow. You just broke my fail meter.

I think that it is time to talk to someone's manager.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I suspect you have to open a ticket on a different queue. Why they aren't directing you to that queue is a good question, and worth a complaint.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
          I suspect you have to open a ticket on a different queue. Why they aren't directing you to that queue is a good question, and worth a complaint.
          Or reassign a ticket to the right group. That happens all the time around here. You have some kind vague issue, and as a result open a ticket to the wrong group, or just flat out misfire on the web page form for opening a ticket. There response we get is normally something like.

"Sorry, the Department of Rebooting doesn't handle that issue but the Department of Redundancy Department handles those. Reassigning ticket to them."
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Is this batshit crazy o'clock? And if a co-worker did that to me I'd have them coached.

Comment

I think they are trying to tell us to open a ticket on another queue. But they are s**t at explaining that, and the queues available to me in the ticket system do not include the operations that need to be done. If, for instance, I wanted them to create a brand-new virtual cluster of systems, I could tick that box. But the problem is there is an existing cluster, and my coworker needed access to it. And the existing cluster was not on the list of systems that we can request access to in the "request access" ticket.

Fortunately, we got it sorted through another manager. My colleague now has access to one cluster, which is all he needed.

Comment

Sounds about like my Employer's help desk, yup. Zombies would starve on those guys, I swear.
                Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
                They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Maybe they can mail you a letter and tell you to click on the link in it.
                  AkaiKitsune
                  Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
                  X