Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*laughs* I had a mental image of this fight. When it first started Electra was basically hanging on to one of the things ankles (because of the vast size difference). It made me chuckle for a bit.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That's a great image.

ETA: I assume that my character still senses a small amount of energy from him, enough to know that he's passed out and not dead. (That would be a quick end to the story. )
      Last edited by Ghel; 06-26-2013, 06:00 PM.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Actually for awhile, there was NO power level, as in he might be considered 'dead'. Which is why he collapsed. And no the IDP has more members then just Derrick, so the story wouldn't end there *laughs*

Yes I know the reinforcements would already have arrived, but they only have a general idea where he was. Right now, they are looking for him. I do need to edit the post though, because he would send the 'all clear' as soon as he was able. Which would send out his current coordinates. His friends will probably be there shortly.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I bet you're going to ask where I came up with these names. I wanted something that sounded alien but was based in a real Earth language. So I picked words out of an Inuit dictionary. Sapputiyok means "protects." Okradloriktok, the name of the merchant, means "talks a lot."
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Now that is cool. Expect Derricks 'friends' soon.

Comment

Why your character would not pick up any power of any kind with Goldie. Goldie is what is known as a 'Gold Elf'. Imagine a race of elves carved from golden statues and given life. They are technically animated golden statues, and the force that animated them would be considered by some to be a 'god' (or godlike being). Anything they touch turns to gold, but unlike them, it is not animated. She can literally kill with a touch. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn this 'off', so she must avoid contact with anybody else.

She is a decent melee fighter, has a touch of magic, and of course..being made of gold means she is tough. This 'gold' is not the soft gold we are use to. It is magical gold, making it very sturdy. Those who know what Mithril is, this gold is the golden form of that metal.

Bulldog is well..a humanoid bulldog. Enhanced sense of smell, incredibly physically strong, and tough as nails. That is about it for him. He is a little 'gruff', but once he befriends you he is one of the most loyal friends one could have.

Oh and it is not that you don't sense anything about Goldie..its more that you sense too much. Your 'sight' is telling you that she is living, but never was living. That she has power, that she has none. She is inanimate, yet living..etc. Its as if something is confusing your sight.
              Last edited by Mytical; 06-27-2013, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Unless something's likely to happen where I need to roleplay it IC, I'll just leave out the bit about my character saying goodbye to family, making up some story about leaving on a boat with a new employer, picking up a few things, and hurrying back. The only part that I think might be relevant is the stuff I bring with: a bag with 2 changes of clothes, a beaded necklace (the only jewelry xe owns), some ceremonial body paint, and a small amount of xer favorite tea (enough for 2 pots of tea). I considered giving xer some more stuff, but it just wouldn't make sense.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Sounds good to me. Now expect a PM about what to expect in the 'Nexus' *Grins*

To put it in simple terms, the Nexus changes with each added person, and how they perceive it. It is a place of the mind. You need something, you think about it, and it is there. You want to be somewhere, you think it .. and there you are. Things like that.
                  Last edited by Mytical; 06-28-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

My character is having to resist the urge to open up xer mind to the sixth sense. Xe wants to "look" at these creatures and see what xer sense would say about them.

I'm thinking that Sapputiyok would see this place as if it was one of the magical places described in xer people's myths and legends: a palace made of smooth stone, with decorations of precious metals and gems, with dappled sunlight shining down from filligree windowshades.
                    Last edited by Ghel; 06-28-2013, 04:46 PM.
                    -Mira Furlan

Comment

You know, 99.9% of the people I introduce won't ever been seen again, and even if so on a very limited basis (besides who the players pick as the ones to show them the ropes). Like Goldie and Bulldog..unless sought out by the characters, they will not be seen much. Even Derrick, if your character doesn't choose him for a partner (and yes you get a choice) will fade into the background.

Strongarm, however, is the head of the IDP, and all assignments will go through him. So let me introduce Strongarm..

Name : John Strongarm
                      Race :Human
                      Reality: 2517 (futuristic earth), to be precise earth as I imagine the year 2517 to be like .
                      Description : 6"1", Blond hair (greying), one red robotic eye, one grey eye. Left arm metal from the shoulder on down. Looks to once have been a very physically fit individual, but obvious age has gotten to him. Though he still looks younger then his years, his physique is not quite as cut as it once was.

Abilities : Sees in all the various normal spectrums (infrared, ultraviolet included), greatly enhanced strength, the ability to know any protocol for greeting and diplomatic endeavors upon meeting a race for the first time. Has technology built into his arm that would be common in the year he comes from (personal shield emitter, laser weapon capability, interface with most normal computers and security systems).

Weakness : He IS an old man, though he looks about maybe 60, he is easily 80 years old (still not as old as Derrick though, and Derrick is a baby compared to Goldie). His reflexes are not what they used to be, and only his mechanical arm has enhanced strength.

Comment

Whew, that was a heck of an update..this one is going to be pretty long also. Of course in a months time it would be hard to learn a whole lot about the choices, but at least with the Nexus adjusting itself you can see their relative power level.

None are on Electra's level (power wise), but there are some colorful individuals.

Name : Manx Rrrowlerca Nickname : Lucky
                        Description : Female feline much resembling a humanoid Siamese cat.
                        Powers ((Power level)) : Extreme agility, extreme flexibility, slightly enhanced strength. Claw projectiles, paranormal fighting ability (her attacks can land on even semisolid or quasisolid entities), Enhanced senses (nightvision, enhanced smell, enhanced hearing). Able to compact herself into spaces that seems impossible. Seems to be supernaturally 'Lucky'. ((Power level (on scale 1-10) : 3 ))
                        Background : Comes from a world where felines of medium to small size (on Earth that is) evolved. Most of our society hang ups, they don't have. She thinks nothing of going around unclothed for instance. ((Thankfully normal people will not see this ))

Name : ((Hmm need a good female oriental name here)). Nickname : Silk.
                        Description : Oriental humanoid, dark hair and eyes, always dressed in silk.
                        Powers : Ability to manipulate silk into just about anything. Weapons, bindings, stairs..and make it as strong and as flexible as she desires. ((Power level : Varies. From 2-5 depending on situation))
                        Background : Once arrested for being an interdimensional assassin, she now works for the IDP.

Name : Hxvexil Nickname : Hardcore.
                        Description : A sentient rock formation. Looks like he was carved from granite (and there is a good chance he might have been)
                        Powers : Massively strong, can mold shape to make armor for somebody. Can cause earthquakes, throw huge boulders, and similar earth powers. While he can not manipulate plants or animals, the very ground seems to work for him. ((Power Level : 6))

Name : Jaso Nickname : Upgrade.
                        Description : A guant humanoid with grey skin and wires coming out of his head. He can graft just about any technology to himself, so his appearance varies.
                        Powers : Can take control of just about any tecnology, including but not limited to grafting it on his body. ((Power level varies widely depending on technology of the surrounding area))

Goldie (of course)

Bulldog (of course)

Derrick (Of course)

Comment

Ok .. that I did not see coming! Now I get to give the bio, background (and she is old old..so could have a lot of background), and flesh out Goldie a bit more. this is going to be fun.

Name : Her real name sounds like a bird song, rustling of grass, and a chime..unpronounceable by the human tongue.

Nickname : Goldie (cause she is made of gold and wears gold colored clothing).

Background : Goldie is from Dimension 101011. A dimension where only elves exist. Her people were the first created by the gods, forged from enchanted gold from the cornerstone of creation. They are ageless, though not immortal (they can be killed), but her people have a disease which eventually kills them due to age. The only signs they are getting old enough to pass on (at all) is one day a single grey hair appears. The next a second, and on the third day, a third and final grey hair..they then die. Nothing can stop the progression, or keep them from passing once the first grey hair is seen. Goldie herself is 'young' for her people. Only a mere 10,000 years old. This has given her a lot of time to learn things, and she know quite a bit. It takes her a good deal of time to learn something, but she has nothing but time. Her people are carved looking the way they look out of the magical gold, and brought to life by their gods.

Powers : Her only powers are her touch can turn anything into inanimate gold..including once living beings. It is safe to touch her anywhere that she is covered, though touching her with gloves or such will not prevent the transformation. She also can cast spells, and her magical golden body resists a LOT of things, but her true strength is her knowledge.
                          She is a master in the art of combat (especially hand to hand and melee). She is a brilliant detective, and learned scholar.

Weakness : Her humanity. Yes I know that sounds weird, but she is almost TOO nice and forgiving. Won't hurt innocents, or cause them to be in harms way if she can prevent it. Also, though she is tough, she is not anywhere near indestructible. She is especially vulnerable to weapons of light (lasers, etc). Most normal melee weapons will just bounce off her skin.

Comment

I hope I don't annoy you with my endless questions.

The picture of the phoenix looks more like a flaming eagle. Is that right? Is the 30-foot length mentioned its uncompressed size, or is it still compressed?
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Nah, ask as many questions as you like. The 30' (thankfully) is uncompressed. When it broke it's cage, it would uncompress automatically.

Comment

I wanted to ask for a fire extinguisher, but my character wouldn't know what one was.
                                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                                X