This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Balloonhands

I've seen some weird shit over the last eight months as people try to protect themselves from Covid, but a guy I witnessed in the parking lot to day takes the cake. Some old dude putting groceries in the trunk of his car had un-inflated balloons affixed to each finger. Not the thumb, mind you, just the finger...and only on one hand.

The pandemic and quarantine and other general current events really be bringing out the crazy lately. I remember in the beginning, maybe February or March (since I live in the state where the first case was diagnosed, people panicked here first) seeing some interesting masks in stores. Like full on apocalypses gas masks. As far as balloon fingers guy, you'd think any sort of glove would be better, like even just winter gloves. I don't know why I'm trying to use sense here.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Multi-coloured finger condoms? I've only ever seen them in white, but you never know these days!

Comment

Hey now. People do what they have to when they don't have the straightforward supplies on hand. I've been in that position, constantly.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Or, he could've just washed his hands when he got home.

Comment

I understand people don't have good access to everything, but even then only having them on his fingers and not thumbs is pointless.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Yes. Reading it over again, I see what you mean. Sorry about that.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Like full on apocalypses gas masks.
                I just saw someone wearing one of those in the last couple of weeks. Looks a little nuts, but at least she had it over her nose. The number I see with them underneath their noses leads me to believe that a lot of people don't understand that their nose is connected to their respiratory system.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I saw someone I know (elsewhere) post that they didn't understand why not having the nose covered was such a big deal -- but she also said that she didn't wanna hear anyone preaching to her about it (the full context implied that she was just venting and not really asking for input), so I decided not to crack open that particular can of worms.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    ... so I decided not to crack open that particular can of...
                    SFB.
                    (Snit For Brains)
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

You can always show them this:

https://medium.com/muddyum/study-con...s-f8117bcd8c52
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

NP - That. Is. Awesome. ^_^
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                          Dang! What will modern science come up with next?
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
                            Multi-coloured finger condoms? I've only ever seen them in white, but you never know these days!
                            Perhaps that's because they're only multi-coloured before use
                            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

In the beginning when masks were still sparse, we had people buying vacuum bags to make masks from. You do what you think you have to do
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                              X