Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic

Freaking out here
Old 05-05-2018, 12:49 AM
Area Manager

Default Freaking out here

I just found a very large light brown slug in the middle of my kitchen floor. I flushed the horrible little thing, but how th f@%$ did it get in? Other then the little puddle it was sitting in there was no slime trail on the floor, it was too far from any wall to have fallen off, and there's no trail on the ceiling. Where the f@%$ did it come from?!?!? I am genuinely freaking out here, I loathe slimy creatures.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:02 AM
Loanshark IT

I am not an expert, but I am not aware of any species of slug that is attacked to anything indoors.

Pets that might have transported it?
Have you brought anything in that had been outside for a while?

Most likely, this is a one off. It was lost and had no desire to be in your house.

Now, deep breath. Exhale slowly. Repeat.

Old 05-05-2018, 02:14 AM
Area Manager

I have no pets and live alone. I hadn't been outside for 5 hours, and I would have stepped on it if it had been there the last time I walked through the kitchen. What's freaking me out is how the heck it got there, since there was no slime trail, just the slug.

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:46 AM
Pune Massacreeist

The ghost of Cheryl Wheeler's cat Penrod. "I Was A White Cat, Once"

I was in the garden, takin' the sun
Checkin' out the bugs, musta rolled on one
So I got this slug bug stuck to my fur real good
But I didn't really mind, just a little bit o' slime
I'd find it later, you know, scratchin' my back
Be glad I saved it, make a nice little snack
I went inside, I swear the staff went insane
Runnin' with the comb and scissors, screamin' my name

Old 05-06-2018, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
What's freaking me out is how the heck it got there, since there was no slime trail, just the slug.
It probably came from outside. Maybe you brushed up against a shrub or other plant, and the slug decided to hitch a ride?

Old 05-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth protege View Post
It probably came from outside. Maybe you brushed up against a shrub or other plant, and the slug decided to hitch a ride?
I hadn't been outside for 5 hours, and when I came in I got straight out of my car and headed inside, then straight upstairs where I got changed out of my work clothes. There are no trees or vegetation on our road or in my front courtyard, and even if I had somehow picked it up between the car and the house it would have fallen off in my bedroom (and isn't that a horrible thought?)

Where it was on the kitchen floor was empty before I went through to the bathroom (old Victorian terrace, the bathroom was a much later addition on the end of the kitchen extension). I would have seen it when I turned the kitchen light on, as I always look down away from the ceiling when I turn on lights as a hold-over from when I used to get flash-migraines from light sensitivity.

I had a look around today in the (very bright) sunlight as I was cleaning, and there were no slime trails that I had missed in the night with only artificial light, or the next morning as I dashed around to go out and meet my family for a day out in the sun. I am still completely in the dark about where the damn thing came from.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:10 PM
Cartridge in the Window

Weeeeell, the slug came back
The very next day!
The slug came back --
We thought it was a goner, but
The slug came back;
It just wouldn't stay awaaaaaay~

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"