This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At my wits end.

I am at my wits end. I honestly am. My father is now not able to get around good because of Osteo (spelling) Arthritis, I am unable to get around often because of Neuropathy and Psoriatic Arthritis.. we both need a downstairs room.. no clue how that is going to happen. My mom now is taking care of two people who are disabled.. and she is getting on in years... my dad is impossible to live with.. so help is gonna be hard to get ((He is bipolar)). We need a vehicle that can accommodate wheelchairs.. good luck with that... we are between a rock and a hard place.. I just have no clue what to DO about it.

I know people are probably tired of hearing my woes, just sometimes need somewhere to vent.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Sometimes, letting other know about your problems, will allow them to offer good advice.

Unfortunately, I have none for you tonight. Only prayers and good vibes.

Stay strong, take care and good luck.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I just saw a poster for this organization that provides used equipment to the disabled . That group is local to me, but there may be something similar in your area.

Comment

Vent away! We have all done this. At the very least it helps take some pressure off you, and as csquared says, it might even generate some helpful suggestions.

Where I live, if you dial 211 you will get put in contact with a central group that can help direct you to organizations that might be of some help. Do you have anything like that where you are?
        Last edited by Pixelated; 05-13-2018, 02:33 AM.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

You should certainly vent as much you need to. Your situation sucks.
          I have no idea how you can get help, but I hope some of the American people here will know some places to go.

Comment

My dad has MS, my mom is trying her best with her health issues an I've been down with bad back problems for the last few weeks. I can understand a little of what you are going though.

Wheelchair vans with lifts or ramps are out there. My parents have one. Newer ones tend to be rather expensive, but I see older ones with low miles for sale around here fairly cheap. I've learned the hard ways that knowing where to look is as important is what to look for. Anywhere that has a large population of retired people (normally where it is warm and not too expensive to live) will have a large supply of vans for sale. Imports are not worth looking at as they have less room in the back. If it is out of your area, there are transport companies that can move it or you could have a friend or family member fly/take a bus to look at it and drive it back. I flew to Phoenix and picked up the van my parents are using now. It was about 30% cheaper there than like vans were locally, even with the cost of the flight.

For stairs, if you have the ability to move from chair to chair, there are stair lifts that you can get. They are chairs that mount to a track system. Most mount to the wall along the side of the stairs. They tend to be slow, but grant freedom of more areas to live in and are not as expensive as they once were. As long as you know how long your stairs are, you may be able to find them for a couple hundred dollars on craigslist. Insurance may also pay for them if you can show a need that is too difficult to meet any other way.

Don't feel bad about venting. It's very needed when you are at your wits end, and you have friends here that are understanding. This has always been a place where we come together and give any support we can no matter the reason.
            Last edited by Arcus; 05-13-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X