Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings > Roadkill

Old 05-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Store Manager

Thanks for what you do and did there; and for explaining how and why you do it. I'm sure the first responders really appreciated having someone on scene helping organize the chaos as they arrived.

The glow sticks and the reflective tape both seem like excellent ideas. if you are in contact with groups for other similarly trained folks, you should probably share those ideas. I don't know what companies might make kits for your type of skills, but it might be a good idea to write to them and suggest the tape and/or glow sticks as well. I'm sure they'd always be looking for more revenue opportunities.

One thing you didn't emphasize but which I noticed you said you did, was you specifically told Coworker 1 to call 911. It's always good to tell a particular person to do a task when you can. Otherwise everyone tends to assume someone else will (or has) done the task and it doesn't get done.

Anyway, glad no one died, and hopefully the red's will recover quickly. Thank you again for what you did.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:15 PM
Cartridge in the Window

Love the color coded glowsticks idea.

Quote:
They used to have other names but I forgot what they were, either way I was told that was morbid even for me
Gomez and Morticia?

Call 'em what you gotta to keep them distinct in yer mind. Nothing wrong with that.

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 05-15-2018, 04:41 PM
Tech Support Monkey

One of the Gentlemen that regularly teaches the Level 2 climbing course for the BSA uses a similar system. He coordinates rescues for the Red River Gorge region and he has his equipment bags and ropes color coded for length and what type of equipment is in the bag.

Really anything that makes life easier so you can gain information at a glance is extremely useful.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:26 PM
Till/horse trainer/instructor

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Love the color coded glowsticks idea.

Gomez and Morticia?

Call 'em what you gotta to keep them distinct in yer mind. Nothing wrong with that.
Actually yes, how'd you know? Then I was told to change it and it ended up being Freddy and Jason...which I was told was worse, but hey, they say laughter is the best medicine... And the expressions from others I would get because I asked them to get them out of my trunk by name...

Apparently I'm "one disturbed individual", to which I reply "thank you for noticing." I need to stop using humanity as a source of personal entertainment... But it's just so much fun.

I always thought that the kind of people who become doctors and surgeons could very easily have become serial killers if they didn't have as many morals. Really, both like to cut people open and poke at your insides...specially if your insides have been relocated to your outsides. But apparently I'm alone in being creeped out by everyone in the medical profession.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Puncher ... of Tickets!

Hey, we all have our coping mechanisms. I tend to get very businesslike in times of crisis, then collapse in fits of giggles at totally inappropriate moments of stress... I love all those names for your gear, although Freddy & Jason wouldn't be a pair I'd pick simply because I don't think of them as a pair.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:29 AM
Front End Supervisor

Just a side note: One of the worst people to get into a fight with be a medic. The training be on how fragile the body be, and how it can be taken apart (with the idea of how to put it back together and such)

I'm thinking that the idiot who tried stupid games with AkaiKitsune's horses got real lucky in not being disassembled on the spot during some of those stunts. (Even the mare who did get hold of said idiot didn't do that much damage)

As for using humanity for your entertainment.... why the hell not? Hell, when I'm hard up for a laugh, I go look in the mirror and laugh at the monkey.