Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 05-17-2018, 06:36 AM
I'm not bitter. I'm informed.

I must be weirder than I thought, when I bought my house the new address was practically engraved on my brain. And that was after living at my old house for 47 years.

Maybe it was because I never thought I would ever move out of the house I'd lived in all my life, and it seemed so unbelievable to have a new address that I just couldn't get it out of my mind.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:37 AM
Highly Trained Professional

Morgana, I may have to steal that! I swear sometimes it feels as if the weather really does do something to people.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Retired

Where my late aunt lived, she had a post office box, but if I'd had to give a street address I couldn't have done it. She'd lived there for over 45 years, and while everyone in town (population less than 2500) knew where she lived I'll bet no one knew the house's actual address. Late aunt had inherited the house from late great aunt, who in turn had inherited it from great-grandmother, who'd bought the house in 1935, so I'm sure that even 911 responders could have found the house easily. (My great aunt referred to her neighbors as "that dingy outfit." It wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the town referred to my family that way, since that description fit us as aptly as the neighbors.)

Old 05-23-2018, 07:21 AM
Highly Trained Professional

Last night was another parade of stupid. I sold tons of alcohol and almost half of the customers came through my line talking on the phone. Early in the evening two hipster kids wanted to return an Uber gift card they bought in another state because the pin number off the back was scratched to the point it couldn't be read. I said there was nothing we could do. All sales final and all that. The manager said the same thing. At least I give them credit for still having the receipt. After they left the manager said that it wasn't even that recent.

But the topper of the night was the kid that came in and said his girlfriend bought the wrong birth control. It looked like it was prescription. I told him he'd have to go to the pharmacy for that. He said he figured "that part" would be closed. I said no and then he just walked out. There are just so many levels of fail with that one that it hurts my head to think about it.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:08 AM
Front End Supervisor

Quote:
Quoth Trixie View Post
But the topper of the night was the kid that came in and said his girlfriend bought the wrong birth control. It looked like it was prescription.
Oh yeah. Birth control is always prescription, so the only way to get that one wrong is getting a name brand instead of generic, or vice versa. Don't know the story, and I don't think I want to, either. The headache is just not worth it.
As to the pharmacy doing a return of product that has left their controlled environment? Good luck, chumpus. It's not something they can ever restock.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:25 AM
Chinchilla Wrangler

Quote:
Quoth Trixie View Post
But the topper of the night was the kid that came in and said his girlfriend bought the wrong birth control.
She bought the "XXSmall" condoms?

Old 05-24-2018, 04:39 AM
Old counter jumper

Quote:
Quoth Plague*Star View Post
She should have bought the "XXSmall" condoms?
Fixed that for you.