This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need to let me do my job

One of the last calls of the day, of course: it's a simple request for an invoice that was missed with a side of complaining about the 10-minute hold (try the usual 30 to 40!) and the fact that there's a late fee for an invoice that wasn't received. Now she was cranky but I understand and so I was willing to waive the late fee if she would ask me. That's the frame of mind I decided to take. She decided to continue to be rude and missed out
    She gave me the email she wanted the invoice sent to before I even got into the account. That's fine. However anytime I do anything on account or talk to someone I have to create a ticket. If I'm going to email you something it has to come from that ticket. If I'm creating a ticket and needs to go under someone's name. That person needs to be on the account and she wasn't. I asked for her information and got her name down but when I got to the phone number she gave me attitude. When I ask for it she answered "I don't know" snottily. And this woman sounded like she was in her 50s. I found another phone number on there and I said "I do have one here..." and she was snotty to that too. I was hoping she'd verify it but as it stands I have no idea if I put the correct number on there or not. Right after that she asked me if we were done yet. I didn't say no. I answered "I need to add you in order to make a ticket so that I can email this to you" and I don't remember her response but she hung up on me. All I knew was that I needed an invoice from February so I went into the system to figure out which number it was and there was no invoice for February. In fact, the way she had been talking, I believe she thinks that she's on monthly billing but she's on quarterly billing which explains why the last two payments were late. I sent her the last regular bill that I had with the invoice dates and due dates throughout the year. I let her know that the latest late fee was because the payment posted today. That was 11 days late. I realize she may not be the person who normally pays the bills but if she would have given me half a chance I could have straightened that out for her and waived her fee. Oh well...
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

People can be their own worst enemies. I had similar incidents wayyyy back in the day when I worked for comcast.

Had one lady who was upset that she got a late fee because her bill never arrived in the mail. So I apologize and get her account pulled up. I'm planning on waiving the fee, haven't said so, but the account was over 10 years old. I get the billing history pulled up so I can find out how much she owes and that is when I see it has been late every. single. month. I inform her of this and she proceeds to tell me she knew, she let it go lat every month. She was upset because she received a notice of disconnect before she received a past due notice...

Yeah... needless to say she hung up still angry and without a waived late fee.

Comment

Didn't get a bill statement 2 months in a row. Were crazy months, so the first month I just went and paid the normal amount through my bank's bill pay when my budget told me I hadn't paid the bill that month. Meant to follow up, but forgot and the next statement didn't show either, but a past due notice did. So I call up, find out that my bill raised $5, so I'm actually a bit late for the prior month, and I'm a few days past due for the current. I get the amount I owe, and set up the payment, then ask them about my statements, thinking maybe I accidentally go switched to electronic statements. They let me know everything is good, but just in case I get the day of the month statements go out and the due date so I can note it on my budget.

The rep then goes an offers to waive my late fee. I didn't even ask. Guess I must have been nice.

Though... I never missed getting another statement after that, so I sort of wonder if they had stopped mailing them.

Comment

Scams

With all the scams that happen now-a-days people should be happy you ask the extra questions before shipping items or invoices.

It is too easy for someone to claim to be you to get something for free while sticking you with the bill if the questions were not asked.

Yet, people continue to act as if verifying that the right unseen person is on the line is a big deal. Those same people would scream to high heaven if they received a dill for something they did not order/get.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post

The rep then goes an offers to waive my late fee. I didn't even ask. Guess I must have been nice.
          I wish I could offer it. I have done so but it's breaking rules and I will get talked to. Moral of the story: don't be afraid to ask for a waiver, nicely. Sometimes we are waiting for you to do so because we want to waive it. I'm only allowed to offer if I know it was [Company]'s fault entirely.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X