This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh gods ow

Memorial Day Weekend. In some ways, our Black Friday... that lasts a whole weekend. We do almost double our normal sales, with a lot of tourists who need hand-holding (a large part of our collection is hand-sell because of the unusual or rare aspect) and a lot of regulars who need greeting.

I worked 10 hours yesterday (Boss worked 12), with my break being cut short because they were too busy. Oh, and I wore heels. All day. Without sitting down at all.

Part of the reason for working 10 hours is because there were two major credit card fuckups that I had to find and fix. I found the larger of the two, but the smaller one is still eluding me to some degree. Took me 45 minutes to go through and check all the charges against the computer.

I slept almost 10 hours last night. I'm no longer sleepy, but I'm so exhausted that the world is sorta fuzzy (though the coffee helps with that) and I have no desire to move.

One problem with that - I have to go drive a delivery of Wedding Wine to a venue, then come back and work another 7 hours. In which Boss is expecting us to break last year's record. Dunno that we will, but let's see!

Quoth KiaKat View Post
    Oh, and I wore heels. All day. Without sitting down at all.
    Why would you do such a horrible thing?!

Comment

OMG! I'd send you some bottled energy if I could figure out how to get it through cyberspace, LOL. Good luck on your upcoming shift.

And wear flat heels!!

Comment

i haz a ded.

my cat has the right idea. flop. bellyup. on the floor.

we did as much in sales today as we would on a good saturday. today was a 7 hour day. saturday is an 11 hour day. urg.

i'm alone in the store from 1-6pm tomorrow. this may finally kill me.

i started calling some of my customers zombietourists today. because their constant questions (curse the hand-sell method) ate my brain.

oh, and redbeard - you're one to talk, mr. satyrhooves.

Comment

Working...
        X