Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Find Your Lack of STFU Disturbing...!! /vader choke!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Find Your Lack of STFU Disturbing...!! /vader choke!

Title pretty much says it all!! I'm trying to work and do my job and people come by my desk droning on about the most useless, absurd, crazy, ridiculous, non work related, or just plain non funny retarded crap imaginable and they don't get the point that idc and just want them to leave... /cry

It's the persistant evil ones that won't take no, or ignoring them, or changing the subject, or saying I'm busy for, an answer /sigh. How do you get rid of these people? Do you just shoot them and go to jail or something?

Wish I was darth vader and could just choke people into silence. I'd be something like Darth Naught!! haha

There's a few ways to deal with them, but it depends on your office setup. One of my co-workers has an extendable fabric barrier (similar to this: http://assets.lifehack.org/wp-conten...oor.jpg?4c9b33) that simply says "BUSY" in big white letters on it. Seems to work for the most part.

I just put in my earbuds and turn the volume up on some good European symphonic metal. If I can't hear the idiots, I don't care. If somebody really needs to talk to me, they can tap on my chair.

If that doesn't work, I have a macro on my laptop that will call my phone. I just tell them that I have to take the call and pick up the phone. Most of the time, it's good enough.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

No no, you'd be Darth Solacelawlz!
      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth pzychobitch View Post
        No no, you'd be Darth Solacelawlz!
        has a nice ring to it

Crossbow I def need to do something like that barrier except for have it be barbed and electrical to shock ne one who came close. Was also thinking of getting that proximity nerf gun that shot people when they got close. Just put that sucker on my desk and have it peg ne one that came near!!!

Comment

well, there is always the old fashioned 90's method. "I've already mentioned that I don't have time to chat. Therefore, (raise hand in front of them, while turning back to your work) talk to the hand, the mind is working."

Comment

won't take no, or ignoring them, or changing the subject, or saying I'm busy for, an answer
            How about the direct-but-polite approach?

such as "I really have to get this done ASAP. I'll chat with you later."
            and then take time later - if you can - to chat a little

hopefully it can allow you to get your stuff done, without ruffling many feathers with coworkers.

Comment

Can you put headphones on? Very, very obvious ones? They don't actually have to have music playing although something that calms/relaxes/focuses you would be a bonus too!
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Solacelawlz View Post
                I Find Your Lack of STFU Disturbing...!!
                I have to admit, this makes a great mental picture. I'd love to see a pic of that scene where Vader force-chokes that officer, with your text.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                  talk to the hand, the mind is working."
                  I love this! Haven't heard that phrase in ages.

@PepperElf Yea I've tried those direct approaches but the scrub people seem too thick skulled for the message to sink in. Which is why I might just bring in a bazooka and lay it on my desk and be like "You walk, or bazooka talk!! I've seen this, you don't want this, believe me this!!!" lol wonder if I could convincingly scare people.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE talking and communicating and usually tend to do it as much as possible, but it's those times that I'm trying to work and the scrub people, that I don't usually talk to, wanna come over and be retarded....

@rose_metal_nz Yea, and I usually have them on with some music but I perhaps need to get bigger ones!!

@XCashier Nice!!! Great minds think alike I suppose. I've envisioned that scene with vader saying my line many a time! Hell I have visions of myself doing it every day to people, but a'las the force is not stroooooong within me!!

Comment

Are there other people available to help? I'm not stating this to pass the buck, but if those that approach you genuinely need help from others that have the same info you have, can you say, "I really need to concentrate to meet this deadline, but so-and-so over there might be able to help you.."?

Comment

I don't mind helping emax4 but the people I'm talking about aren't coming over to ask for help, they're coming over to babble about retarded shit like zomg did you see such and such's facebook update, or why aren't you asking my daughter out or man the sky is such a gloomy blue I wish it were a different hue, yea.... haha or the worst guy... this dude.... will rush past my desk, situate his lips about 1 inch from my ear so as to whisper and blabber complaints about everything personal and professional in his life haha I've about had to cuss him out for creeping me out with that crap..... there are some unique ones up here it seems.

Comment

I ignore anyone and everyone until I am done with my task at hand. Unless someone directly says my name.

People where I work, will come into my work area, scavenge around everything I'm working on, and stand there like I'm supposed to drop everything for whatever stupid question they have.

Or CL does her stupid circus seal routine when you ignore her long enough.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          Or CL does her stupid circus seal routine when you ignore her long enough.
                          Yea blas, I know people up here who do that same stupid circus seal routine wtf is up with that ne wayz people scur meh soemtimes lol

Comment

just tell them all to FOCUS.....

F*ck off, Cuz you're Stupid...
                            "No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

Comment

Quoth RangerJake72 View Post
                              just tell them all to FOCUS.....

F*ck off, Cuz you're Stupid...
                              BWAHAHA, oh, I like that. I'm gonna use that.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X