Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once ID'd a lady for cigarettes (back in my grocery store days) who threw a mini-fit because she had her ~10 year old daughter with her. I had only glanced at her before asking for ID, and probably wouldn't have if I had gotten a better look to begin with (she looked late 30's to early 40's).

And yes, she did show her ID.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

My first job, as a cashier at "Huge" Food grocery store, I made someone's day once when I carded her for an alcohol purchase. She did look young enough that I had to card her.

J2K: "Can I see your ID please?"
      Her: (beaming) "Seriously?"
      J2K: (confused) "Yes."
      Her: (beaming, hands over her ID)
      J2K: (looks at ID; she was 40 years old or so) "Well, you pass--" (looks again, it was also her birthday) "Oh! And happy birthday!"
      Her: (beaming) "You just gave me the best birthday present ever."

I felt great about that for the rest of the day.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

That was cool, J2K. And yeah, I find it a compliment if I get ID'd.
        Like, the other day I was at the supermarket getting a few extras & decided to treat us to a bottle of cider... Bypassed the SCO so I could get ID'd - and they didn't even ask! I was quite put out at that
        Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
        What's the difference?
        We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
          After reading a couple of the ID stories on here combined with how my day went today at work, I'm curious if anyone else that works where they need to card get this too.

Majority of the places that I've come across (either as a customer or employee) have some form of "We will ID you if you look under 40" with the age ranging from 30-40, 40 being about average. I see these signs EVERYWHERE, my place of employment included. In fact there is a huge yellow sign with this on every register. Hard to miss, I know..I know..people don't read signs, but daily I get a handful of people that get so excited that I'm carding them because "OMG! She thinks I look under 21!" Sometimes they even call over whatever companion is with them and have me repeat it. : I usually just smile and thank them for handing over their ID but really I'm thinking "No, I just think you look under 40 and look you're actually 32. Whoo! " I don't have the heart to burst their bubble.

Anyone else get these customers?
          I actually exchanged phone numbers with a rather nice looking 40 something (who looked like she was in her early 20's) because of this. (I am in my early 20's). We never went on a date or anything, but still. I GOT A HOT WOMAN'S PHONE NUMBER! *score*
          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
          X