This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance log

When I got to work, the pool was a mess. The pump had swallowed serious air at some point, and had shut off during the night. Finding the leak and getting it restarted was a pain, to put it lightly. So by the time I got to recording my daily activity, I was a little nuts.

What I did today (if you can read my handwriting)

And if you can't read my handwriting:

Did battle with "Bertha" (pool pump). Won battle after 2 hrs.
    - also tested chems, skimmed, & vacuumed
    Kicked in 212's door to rescue guests trapped inside.
    - Put down 212 until door is fixed
    Prepared Service Channel Quest Log
    Shampooed the carpet in 202 so it looks FABULOUS!
    Replaced bathroom light switch rm 224
    - Problem with bathroom circuit isn't light switch
    Replaced smoke detector battery rm 224
    - Don't lick batteries; they hurt
    Helped with, like, laundry and stuff

- bhskittykatt
    (Ed. note: "Service Channel" is a program that assigns our scheduled maintenance tasks for the week. Except it puts them in this really awful format. So I copy them into a format that Maint Man can actually read.)
    Last edited by Dave1982; 05-28-2012, 02:41 PM. Reason: oversized image
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

wow you were busy. And why did you kick in the door for 212? There has to be a story there
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

A 9V battery? Whimp! My dad used to get 90V and 210V batteries for photoflash guns. Do not touch terminals, let alone taste!
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Especially if it involves rescuing the patrons there.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
          wow you were busy. And why did you kick in the door for 212? There has to be a story there
          Not really. The lock keeps jamming up. This is the third time this month with that particular door. We've replaced the lock to no avail, so I sent in a request to Area Maint to come up and take a look at it.

And...it appears there is an SC story I didn't post earlier. If you are a guest, and you come back and find out your lock is jammed up with your stuff inside, and the MOD and GSR can't get it open but they can get you into a different room for the night, you're gonna be upset, but do you

(a) Accept the situation, take the other room, and see about getting a discount/refund in the morning for your trouble, or

(b) Accept the situation, take the other room, call up your friends to bust the window into the locked room to get your stuff out, and demand a free night.

If you picked (a), you are a reasonable person. If you picked (b), you're one of our SCs who was with us about three weeks ago, and you still owe us for a new window.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            I think you & I have the same sense of humour, that's how my notes end up when I'm in a certain mood too!
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Reminds me of a scene from John Ringo's book, The Last Centurion. (Might be another possible choice for the book club...)
              Last edited by TheSHAD0W; 05-28-2012, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Yeah, don't lick batteries. My husband did when he was 4. Got battery acid on his tongue. Nothing has ever tasted right since, though 30+ years on it's getting better. He can't really taste sugar anymore unless there's a LOT of it - 3-4 spoons in his coffee, sort of fing. I tasted his coffee once and almost had a sugar overdose. What he calls sour you wouldn't recognize. It's not very much fun for him.

In other news, I love 'Service Channel Quest Log'. Makes the job sound much more interesting than 'Fixing shit what other people dun broke cuz ther dumb'.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

ftr, Other MOD was the one who told me to lick the battery.

Comment

When I got to work, the pool was a mess. The pump had swallowed serious air at some point, and had shut off during the night. Finding the leak and getting it restarted was a pain, to put it lightly. So by the time I got to recording my daily activity, I was a little nuts.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...85315029_o.jpg

And if you can't read my handwriting:

(Ed. note: "Service Channel" is a program that assigns our scheduled maintenance tasks for the week. Except it puts them in this really awful format. So I copy them into a format that Maint Man can actually read.)
                    I use to lick them as a kid. then as i got older i got wimpier.
                    i really hate taking shocks heh.

Comment

ftr, Other MOD was the one who told me to lick the battery.
                      And if other mod told you to jump of the Empire State Building, would you do it?

(Asked my youngest a version of this question when she was 15 using the 'my friends do it' excuse. She replied 'Only if I have a working parachute!'

Comment

In my industry go through several 9v batteries a week for the wireless microphones. For most photogs we've come to the point that we can tell how good the battery is by the 'taste'.
                        "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Aw come on. After reading doctors' handwriting all day, that's as clear as print. Seriously, I wish all of them wrote that clearly.

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          A 9V battery? Whimp! My dad used to get 90V and 210V batteries for photoflash guns. Do not touch terminals, let alone taste!
                          ITYM 510v. That thing's got 336 button cells in series inside it. Looks like a 9v battery on steroids. Spec sheet here. I don't think they make those anymore.

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                          Yeah, don't lick batteries. My husband did when he was 4. Got battery acid on his tongue. Nothing has ever tasted right since
                          My SIL did that, with similar results (tho' not from any acid, just the current messed up her tastebuds. I'm not sure what she can't taste, but she's a damn good cook nevertheless.) When I tried this as a very small child, I was smarter: I used my upper lip, which didn't have tastebuds on it. Still hurt like hell.

I did once try, at about 6, to suck on a DC power plug for a tape recorder (about 6V or so), which my camp counselor had left plugged in and hanging loose. Took me ages to get the metallic taste out of my mouth, and I sometimes wonder if I messed up my sense of taste as well, but how would I know? The human body is not intended to have voltage of any sort put through it, except as is required for cardioversion or pacing.
                          Last edited by Shalom; 05-31-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                            Aw come on. After reading doctors' handwriting all day, that's as clear as print. Seriously, I wish all of them wrote that clearly.
                            Thank you. Now, could you please explain this to my coworkers and my husband?

Today, I sent in a requisition for a new master remote for our TVs, because since we're only allowed one per property, a $30 remote becomes a capital item. In the notes, I wrote "Our master remote died and went to remote heaven, and is now up there watching over this requisition for a replacement."

CW: "And you expect [Regional Maintenace Man] to approve that?"
                            Me: "[RMM] is a fuddy-duddy who needs to lighten up!"

[RMM] is a fuddy-duddy, imho. If he has a sense of humor, I've never seen it. Urgh. We'll see if my requisition gets approved!
                            Last edited by bhskittykatt; 06-02-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X