Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing as you will be immobilized for several hours, and they frown on you lifting you head, bring good music.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Seeing as you will be immobilized for several hours, and they frown on you lifting you head, bring good music.
      I may have to remember to bring my MP3 player, then...
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

If they don't use a "closure device", they will sandbag you leg and make you lay there for 6-8 hours. If they use the closure device, you'll probably get out in three.

Did you know... The first cardiac catheterization on a human was performed by Werner Forssmann. And his patient was...

Himself.

It won him the Nobel Prize, and a "pink slip" for his unorthodox methods.
        Save the Ales!

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          If they don't use a "closure device", they will sandbag you leg and make you lay there for 6-8 hours. If they use the closure device, you'll probably get out in three.

Did you know... The first cardiac catheterization on a human was performed by Werner Forssmann. And his patient was...

Himself.

I did not know that. I'm thinking that, based on the time of my appointment, they're going to have me there three hours or so. I'm supposed to get there for workup at 11, but the appointment isn't until 1 PM.

Comment

Lots of pre-work that has to be done. You also might get to take part in a blind study like my dad did when he had his stents put in.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post

Himself.

I don't think they used a closure device, but they did gauze the area. I got motion sick in the car on the way home, but I've been fine since then.

Thankfully, they had a TV in the room.

The procedure itself was a very unique experience. Especially when it came to the contrast injections.

But I got two follow-up calls. One was a 24 hour "How are things?" checkup from the hospital. The other was the surgeon's assistant scheduling the consultation.

So things are, I think, going to move fairly quickly now.

Comment

You get gauze no matter what. And tape. Hospitals like gauze & tape.

How long did they make you lay there?

When I had mine, I felt a little "something" at one point. Something like a heart beat skipped. Not sure what they were doing at that time. Respiratory was in setting up my CPAP (in case I dozed off). The Doc was done with the cath by the time they got the CPAP setup. Doc then showed me the replay, and they wheeled me out.
                Save the Ales!

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                  You get gauze no matter what. And tape. Hospitals like gauze & tape.

How long did they make you lay there?

When I had mine, I felt a little "something" at one point. Something like a heart beat skipped. Not sure what they were doing at that time. Respiratory was in setting up my CPAP (in case I dozed off). The Doc was done with the cath by the time they got the CPAP setup. Doc then showed me the replay, and they wheeled me out.
                  I definitely felt the heartbeat change. They didn't show me the replay, I think the doc had another one scheduled after mine.

My appointment was for 1 PM, they came and got me shortly after 1, and after a quick bathroom break (by me) they wheeled me in, and did the procedure. I got to leave at 5 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X